Danny Mac

Remap?

You won't get very much from a remap on its own; for a modern NA engine, the GT86 has a very high bhp per litre and there really isn't much headroom.  I would not bother with just a remap, because the benefit won't come anywhere close to justifying the cost.

If you can get to Tuning Developments, you will be far better off taking their NA tuning package, which is what a lot of people that have visited TD have had done to their cars.  It gives a small increase in peak power (15-20bhp) but it eliminates the torque dip, so at 4000rpm you'll have 25% more power.  It really transforms the way the car drives.  When I had mine done, I also had the MTEC shift springs and Powerflex gearbox insert fitted - very cheap modifications that significantly improve the gearshift.

I already have a cat back and a drop in filter, was gonna get a UEL mani before remap, or shall I get rid of everything and just go for the NA package?
Keep cat back and go for TD NA package (may be a bit loud though). It would be cheaper that getting manifold, fitting and then remapping separately.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The TD NA kit will save you money and give you better performance.  As for sound, with no primary cat it's going to be louder but that depends on how noisy your cat-back is.  Keep your secondary cat in place otherwise you'll never pass the MOT.