MrIvs

GT86 Scratched windows

So I’ve got my GT86 and it’s out of it manufacturers warranty, it’s got RAC platinum warranty, but these scratches have started showing up now, is this something Toyota would still sort out without me having to pay out of pocket for it? 

10 minutes ago, MrIvs said:

So I’ve got my GT86 and it’s out of it manufacturers warranty, it’s got RAC platinum warranty, but these scratches have started showing up now, is this something Toyota would still sort out without me having to pay out of pocket for it? 

Depends on what the RAC warranty covers but this is one of the cars faults

4 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Depends on what the RAC warranty covers but this is one of the cars faults

Does say it covers all mechanical and electrical so I guess that’s a yes, but I’m conscious about what Toyota would say seeing as there warranty has ran out 

1 minute ago, MrIvs said:

Does say it covers all mechanical and electrical so I guess that’s a yes, but I’m conscious about what Toyota would say seeing as there warranty has ran out 

All you can do is ask but this may be classed as bodywork 

26 minutes ago, Church said:

I was denied (@LV), when i brought those window scratches up after warranty ended. BTW, if it may come handy: TSB S-SB-0009-14 #1  #2 #3

If I show that bulletin to Toyota, would that make them do it either way seeing as they have identified a fault with it?

They may aswell write it off as wear & tear item. Still, the point is - warranty had run out. I highly doubt they'll change guides and felt parts AND replace with new, unscratched, windows for free now. But if it will come from my own pocket .. i chose to live with that. Seems not that uncommon fault for framless window door cars in general. Friend that had many subbies, says - it's "norm" :D. A bit annoying, especially on sunny days, but i'm not willing to buy new windows.

Yeah it even happens on the Boxster/Cayman. Unless it's so serious that you can't see out of the window I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Chances of it being covered under a warranty? I'll be happy to be corrected if RAC come good, but wouldn't hold your breath.

In general i had thrown in links to TSB description and pdf file about it mostly just for listing of part numbers involved, IF it bothers enough to shell out money for parts and new windows, to not scratch with old guides new windows too.