Sign in to follow this  
Conscript

Rear Seat Covers

Does anyone know where I can buy some proper fitted seat covers for the rear seats only? 

Occasionally I need to transport our dogs in the car. They are happy to sit in the back, and are usually clean, but I like to cover the seats just to stop their claws scratching the leather on the seats or the plastic hump between them. 

The best I can do at the moment is use a big fleece throw rug, but even when tucked in over the back and around the sides of the seat cushion, it has a tendency to get pulled up and move around once they get in. 

Searching for specific fitted seat covers only seems to throw up results with "GT86" in the description and pictures of generic covers which I suspect will be crap. Anyone know where I can find a set gauranteed to fit our car neatly and securely? 

I just use a seat cover I think i got from Pets at Home years ago. It isn't fitted but you can put the top of it over the rear seat cushion and lock it in place. Seems to do the job well enough for Indy the Cavalier. 

Not a fitted seat cover as such, but it's an alternative. It's on my Amazon wish list, i was thinking of getting this for the 86.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DFJJQQJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xDsdCbB8KZHET

Although these are something i wouldn't really leave out permanently, i feel like when i need it, it would protect everything a lot better. Plus the overall sturdy shape of it to me makes it look really tidy.

Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Oghero said:

Not a fitted seat cover as such, but it's an alternative. It's on my Amazon wish list, i was thinking of getting this for the 86.

Although these are something i wouldn't really leave out permanently, i feel like when i need it, it would protect everything a lot better. Plus the overall sturdy shape of it to me makes it look really tidy.

Peace emoji1365.png

That would be ideal, but given the 86 has no rear headrests, not sure what I could attach those loops to. 

It would be handy as the sideflaps could protect the plastic trim at the sides though.

Peace

I have purchased something similar as a dog owner. Fit was really poor, dumped as not really fit for purpose. Great material though.9b25d30a1d5c0e1a9baf900c5c2f2cd0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be ideal, but given the 86 has no rear headrests, not sure what I could attach those loops to. 
It would be handy as the sideflaps could protect the plastic trim at the sides though.

I was thinking to tuck them into the trunk and find something to hook it onto. Probably won't find anything though, so I'm either going to drill something into the back of the seats or into the ceiling of the trunk. That was my idea anyway.

Honestly i think that's why i haven't gotten round to buying this yet.

2 minutes ago, Angelina said:

I have purchased something similar as a dog owner. Fit was really poor, dumped as not really fit for purpose. Great material though.9b25d30a1d5c0e1a9baf900c5c2f2cd0.jpg

Hmmm yeah doesn't look much better than my current solution. Something that would cover the front of the bench part would be best.

Handsome looking fella there though. Here are the two dickheads I'm trying to cater for :D

f7hPxlU.jpg

Hmmm yeah doesn't look much better than my current solution. Something that would cover the front of the bench part would be best.
Handsome looking fella there though. Here are the two dickheads I'm trying to cater for
f7hPxlU.jpg

They are lovely. Ours is 13