GT1986

Ecutek map 4

Hi all, 

I was fiddling around with my maps the other day on the commute home, playing with the features as generally I stick on Map 1 - performance only. The only map I'd never tried before was Map 4 for any olde fuel so decided to give it a bash and see how different the performance felt. I was actually pleasantly surprised, the car didn't seem to have that feeling  of urgency like it normally does, guessing maybe throttle response is lower, however it was still very smooth and pulled well but the biggest plus was it was generally alot quiter and i'd say more "social" for nipping about town or pulling into the neighbourhood etc (cobra uel and resonated exhaust fitted). 

Just wondered if anyone had found the same?

If you search the ecutek website. I think is the one that is also called valet mode. I am wondering which one to set for dealership service ans MOT. Will ask Mike next year as had it done a week after both 😊

I'm not sure there is a general answer for your question. I believe which map does what is down to the engine mods and tuner setup not ecutek in general, as on mine map 1 is for 95, map 2 97, map 3 Shell Vpower and map 4 Vpower with the toys enabled.

Yeah true scbrz,  My set-up is maps 1-3 for V-power with different toys on each map and map 4 is pretty much for any old fuel if vpower isn't available etc, was just curious really if anyone had noticed characteristics similar to what I mentioned when trying their map for any fuel 95 etc, map 1 in your case, the reduction in noise on mine is what got me curious. 

All depends on who does the tune and what changes they made for lower RON. I would expect it to just be a reduction in ignition timing, so a change in the sound would not be expected. Cam timing changes normally change the audio.

18 minutes ago, knightryder said:

All depends on who does the tune and what changes they made for lower RON. I would expect it to just be a reduction in ignition timing, so a change in the sound would not be expected. Cam timing changes normally change the audio.

Interesting, all my works been performed at fensport, and as you'd expect no issues or anything like that. Again was just the curiosity, she has a really deep bellow as you can imagine with a cobra set-up so was easy to notice the slight change in volume when trying the lower RON map 😂. Thanks for the reply. 

The difference in sound will be due to the change in throttle response going to the low RON map. Mine does this, but the car just feels broken in  the 95 RON map mode, so  I never use it. 

On 12/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, GT1986 said:

Yeah true scbrz,  My set-up is maps 1-3 for V-power with different toys on each map and map 4 is pretty much for any old fuel if vpower isn't available etc, was just curious really if anyone had noticed characteristics similar to what I mentioned when trying their map for any fuel 95 etc, map 1 in your case, the reduction in noise on mine is what got me curious. 

I would say 95map is rougher round town, but this is not scientific! The biggest issue I have is the throttle maps are too aggressive in all maps for town driving.

1 hour ago, scbrz said:

I would say 95map is rougher round town, but this is not scientific! The biggest issue I have is the throttle maps are too aggressive in all maps for town driving.

You just get used to the sensitive throttle after a time I find. The trouble is it makes it feel horrible when you go to a softer throttle map. Maybe somewhere in the middle would be better for you? You can get it adjusted.