Never had to put any in mine 35000 mile 13 plate, they don't seem to use any. Not sure as they get older if they do, some higher milage users here may be able to say

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Me neither. In 40k miles, I think I saw that the reading on the dipstick decline a little bit over a whole year, but not enough to do anything about it before the next service. Also, it's not a great dipstick to read with precision.

Hearing scare stories about boxers drinking oil checked frequently first year of getting car. Oil level never changed in mine. So i admit, now sinning with almost never checking oil level anymore :), only tire pressures. And as for OP question, if my engine can count as example as normal, mine too doesn't seem to using up oil, at least certainly not to extent of needing refill between regular change intervals.

Same story here, no oil consumption between services. Was paranoid when i got the car to check very frequently but now check once every quarter, just to be safe.

My friend has a BMW 116i, and it drinks a litre of oil for every 1000 miles and the dealer says its normal. Just keep the habit of topping it up 

Always checking mine especially during track days.

Still only ever added about 250ml over the course of 4 years of ownership.

Coming from Honda ownership where under heavy use you could do a litre in one track day is a change. :lol:

Mk4 1.25L Fiestas, 2 apprentices in my year had them,  they would do a quart every week. We were convinced they were dual fueled, cylinders 1 and 4 ran on oil the other 2 ran on petrol. They never bothered to do oil changes as they turned over so much of the stuff :lol:

@gavin_t the X16XE was notorious for drinking oil at the time. That is why so many people stayed with the X16SZR 8 valve ones. My dad still owns astra with the 8 valve engine and it is bullet proof. Hasn't used a drop of oil between services and it is on 250k miles. 

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, vanko25 said:

@gavin_t the X16XE was notorious for drinking oil at the time. That is why so many people stayed with the X16SZR 8 valve ones. My dad still owns astra with the 8 valve engine and it is bullet proof. Hasn't used a drop of oil between services and it is on 250k miles. 

Mine was in a corsa GSI. I know the C16xe particularly had a reputation as I believe something was undersized. Mine was a later one with a X16xe and was still terrible and a bit smokey. had the piston rings done and full rebuild and it still drunk afterwards. Still had a soft spot for that car though and you hardly see any now!

Im glad I've seen this thread as I couldn't get my head around the car seeming to not use any oil so happy days now :D
Dipstick is absolutely shite though :lol: and my m135i before didn't even have one :lol: