Sign in to follow this  
Tarnish3

Recent in Teesside/Co.Durham area

Hi All,

I got my GT86 in August. It's about time I registered here! I'm in Darlington.

The previous owner put on a Cobra resonated cat-back exhaust, diffuser lip, sharkfin aerial. It came with a reverse camera kit to fit, but I haven't found it necessary really. I've only swapped the orange indicator bulbs for chromed ones, and fitted a Brodit phone holder, so far.

I have a massive list of things I'd like to upgrade, but I'd better get the 6 year/60,000 mile service sorted first (due next month). I bet we could all go crazy in the FT-86 Speed Factory store if we had the resources :)

DSC_0451a.JPG

Welcome aboard. Remember with the 6 year service plugs are changed at 60K miles not 6 years, so if your mileage is low there is no point changing them. Also there is recall where your engine will need to be taken out to replace the valve springs, they can do the spark plug change then, saving you a load of labour costs, so it makes sense to wait until then to change your plugs. The recall work will be happening in January/February. :)

Hmm. The 6 years is up in about 3 to 4 weeks. I'll reach 60k in about 3 to 4 weeks :)

So, I should wait for the recall first? Maybe, so long as the recall timeframe is not delayed.

1 minute ago, Tarnish3 said:

Hmm. The 6 years is up in about 3 to 4 weeks. I'll reach 60k in about 3 to 4 weeks :)

So, I should wait for the recall first? Maybe, so long as the recall timeframe is not delayed.

No warranty on car so why not wait a few extra miles won't hurt

32 minutes ago, Tarnish3 said:

I'd say get the car serviced as oil change etcetera is more critical than spark plugs. Then get the spark plugs done in a couple of months when the recall happens.