Danny Mac

New in South Shields

Areet, just got me new red GT86, 65 reg 26k miles.

couple of mods in mind nowt major. ducktail spoiler, either induction or panel filter, probably tint windows and black roof.

Any recommendations on exhaust? And will a basic remap require any updating of any parts?

Thanks in advance

5BDCC6DF-1A42-4317-A8EC-F3EB3A2A379E.jpeg

Welcome. This car is built and tuned well from factory. So an airbox /induction filter will not give you any big gains and neither will a remap with no hardware change though both are possible. I will suggest hold fire on tuning, till you get a new manifold and get it done together. 

Regarding exhausts, there is a lot of choice. Popular choices here are Cobra, Tuning Developments and Nvdia. Go for a resonated in case you decide to do the manifold later otherwise it will get loud.

Hello and welcome!

I absolutely recommend getting HKS Panel Filter > https://www.part-box.com/hks-super-hybrid-panel-air-filter-toyota-gt86-subaru-brz-fa20-70017-at020?search=gt86 air hks&description=true nothing else is worth it unless you're willing to spend a couple of hundred quid.

Exhaust, I'd recommend resonated Cobra (Cobra's are fairly loud anyway) that will make a massive difference :)  > https://www.part-box.com/cobra-sportcat-back-exhaust-resonated-toyota-gt86-amp-subaru-brz-ty11?search=cobra gt86&description=true ,step up I'd recommend HKS system, but that's £300 more expensive.

Exhaust manifold/headers are not necessary, I'd recommend enjoying your car for some time. Then get a remap by Tuning Developments, but only when you're ready to purchase a manifold first, otherwise you won't get any real power gains.

I always offer a forum discount on all parts on our store, so if you're after anything, drop me a message and I will sort you out :) 

The TD NA package consisting of an air filter and exhaust manifold losing the primary cat is about the best NA mod you can do. Loads of us have done it. As others have said get a resonated exhaust as otherwise it will be too loud with that combination. I'd see if you like the sound of the Cobra first, a lot don't. I went for the TD EL manifold, Milltek Overpipe (not necessary but I already had it), TD decat pipe and resonated system. 

Thanks for all the help gave me lots to look at!

what are people’s go to for cosmetic mods, mine doesn’t have a spoiler on at the min and looks a bit bare, anyone got any photos of theirs?

thanks

14 minutes ago, Danny Mac said:

Thanks for all the help gave me lots to look at!

what are people’s go to for cosmetic mods, mine doesn’t have a spoiler on at the min and looks a bit bare, anyone got any photos of theirs?

thanks

Get a big un😜

image.jpeg