Lauren

Recall issued on cars to have valve springs replaced 2012-2013

56 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It would be incredibly tight of the dealer to charge you for an oil filter when they are invoicing Toyota for over a grand for the recall work. Mine was obviously included.ย 

They must be tight then ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Not fussed just need them to get back to me on what oil is in the engine and to check the Aircon.ย  They can keep their tenner if that is sorted ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just had my 86 back today after recall work, told them i wanted the spark plugs changed when engine out.After inspection was advised that i needed a new clutch as well.
Picked up today from frf toyota in swansea in for 3 days ,price for spark plug change and new clutch came to ยฃ239ย all in not bad when i hear of other prices on here.
Car feels different and quieter than before drove home with radio off to listen .
Dealer stated that the car was due a service in april and would send a reminder to book inย ย 3 months after a full rebuild they want to change the oil again i think i will pass .
Cannot fault the work done on the car and service given by frf swansea in dealing with the recall and hope now to enjoy driving theย ย car without anymore worries.

I had exactly the same done a couple of weeks ago now. And I have to agree with you. It does sound like itโ€™s quieter and the clutch improved. Also feels a lot sharper on acceleration probably due to the plugs.
Mine would of been the same sort of price but I had an oil leak sorted out. Cam plate one.

Beware anyone with this leak it isnโ€™t usually fixed by reselling the cam plate on its own. I was told that the leak occurs further inside then the oil ends up coming out of the plate. It pools lower down in the engine then drips on to the exhaust.

All sorted now but worth them having a look while the engine is out otherwise itโ€™s costly to sort out afterwards.

Hi

Can anyone advise on usual price for 60k service to be carried out at the same time as the recall? RRG Huddersfield are advising only a 20% discount over standard price leaving ยฃ316 to pay. I was under the impression having the engine out made this service hugely cheaper to carry out. Thanks in advance.

Labour should be free on plugs and also an oil filter and oil will ย be included. Only extra really is diff oil which you'll have labour for. I would suggest they are over charging.ย 

So after spending the week looking at my recall letter thinking shall I or not reply I got a text from My Toyota about recall which is no mean feat as I never signed up to it at my last visit to my dealership 3 years or so ago. I took option 3 and called the number which is the GT86 recall hotline so well impressed especially as after giving them my registration Iโ€™ve been told as my car is only 1 year old and should it go Pete Tong Iโ€™m covered by Toyota 5 year warranty ๐Ÿ˜‚So after flogging that horse dead and realising the person on the other end and I were not singing from the same hymn sheet I transferred to Customer Services but as I asked if they had breached any data laws by signing me up to something I didnโ€™t agree toย they were more concerned with wiping me from their records ๐Ÿ‘

Its been a couple of weeks now since the recall work and new clutch fitted, engine is a lot livelier and seems responsive but the clutch doesn't feel right, it judders in first gear in traffic and hill starts are a challenge .Is this normal with a new clutch or is some adjustment needed the pleasure that i use to have while driving as gone .Also noticed in stationary traffic oil light flickers but goes off if i blip the throttle as if the idle needs adjusting,checked oil level and is fine.Any suggestions

29 minutes ago, Sergeantp said:

Also noticed in stationary traffic oil light flickers but goes off if i blip the throttle as if the idle needs adjusting

That's not a good sign as that means it's getting no oil pressure. Is the idle normal? If so, I'd get it back in ASAP.

On โ€Ž2โ€Ž/โ€Ž5โ€Ž/โ€Ž2020 at 9:02 PM, Sergeantp said:

Its been a couple of weeks now since the recall work and new clutch fitted, engine is a lot livelier and seems responsive but the clutch doesn't feel right, it judders in first gear in traffic and hill starts are a challenge .Is this normal with a new clutch or is some adjustment needed the pleasure that i use to have while driving as gone .Also noticed in stationary traffic oil light flickers but goes off if i blip the throttle as if the idle needs adjusting,checked oil level and is fine.Any suggestions

The clutch may settle down as the new friction material beds in. Although Mine was perfect right from the get go.

As for the oil light I would get that checked asap. Even if the idle was wrong it shouldn't bring on an oil light. I assume no leaks and all levels correct?

On โ€Ž2โ€Ž/โ€Ž5โ€Ž/โ€Ž2020 at 7:11 PM, nikndel said:

So after spending the week looking at my recall letter thinking shall I or not reply I got a text from My Toyota about recall which is no mean feat as I never signed up to it at my last visit to my dealership 3 years or so ago. I took option 3 and called the number which is the GT86 recall hotline so well impressed especially as after giving them my registration Iโ€™ve been told as my car is only 1 year old and should it go Pete Tong Iโ€™m covered by Toyota 5 year warranty ๐Ÿ˜‚So after flogging that horse dead and realising the person on the other end and I were not singing from the same hymn sheet I transferred to Customer Services but as I asked if they had breached any data laws by signing me up to something I didnโ€™t agree toย they were more concerned with wiping me from their records ๐Ÿ‘

Bet they shit a brick as soon as they realised it was you :lol:

On โ€Ž1โ€Ž/โ€Ž27โ€Ž/โ€Ž2020 at 7:36 PM, gavin_t said:

Right heard back on the Aircon and oil. Seems a fault their end.ย 

ย 

20200127_193508.png

ย 

ย 

Took the car back to the dealers last Friday.

Aircon is now tip top and blowing ice cold again.

Unsure if it was their machine or if they were just covering not putting something back right.

Either way was a bit of a pain dropping the car back again but it was fixed without too much hassle :)

2 hours ago, Subota Boy said:

Recall under way.ย  The Master Tech made up a bracket for lifting out the engine so he did not need to take off the charger!

ย 

IMG_20200218_161208%202%20-%20Copy_zpspy

ย 

IMG_20200218_161214%202%20-%20Copy_zpsee

ย 

IMG_20200218_161658%202_zpshyvpyqoa.jpg

No reason to cock the job up then by looking at lower picture?

ย 

ย 

ย 

Had my recall work done by Huddersfield dealership this week.

Provided a top-spec Corolla as courtesy car, communicated well, did the service and plugs (and diff oil, unlike some!) at the same time, washed the car, and charged me ยฃ130.

Very pleased with the service received. Would recommend.

ย 

Anyone on here living in sunny Scotlandย  with a BRZ had the valve spring recall work carried out by Ian Grieve (Subaruย Falkirk)?ย  That is one of the closest Subaru dealerships to me and was where myย BRZ was firstย registeredย (July 2012) and sold, if the previous owner is to be believed, to one of the technicians who worked there.

I have had the car since Sept 2015ย and it has had a fair bit of work since then includingย TD UEL NA package and TD Super Res Catback Exhaust, so would prefer to take it to a Subaru dealer who has a decent track record of doing the recall work on a modified car.

I would be willing to travel anywhere in Central Scotland to get the work done if anyone on here can give a recommendation?ย 

Thanks in advanceย ย