Lauren

Recall issued on cars to have valve springs replaced 2012-2013

13 hours ago, Benjie_2 said:

It's been some time since I checked at https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker  after checking yet again, now it's telling me they can not find my car in there database, hahahahaha crazy carry on with this Recall, I think the actual Recall was back in March? (4) months later I'm still waiting patiently!! but my GT86 is due it's MOT next months, does anyone know if this will have any effect on the MOT? at the test station, I take it to.

Should I now contact Toyota to find out why my vehicle has not been called in yet?

Very few people have received a letter. Not having it done will have no effect on the MOT. You could just contact your local dealer, that's what most are doing. 

I've read through all of these posts and its good to see there have been no major issues reported. However, i have had a huge problem directly related to the recall which i cannot discuss in any further detail until resolved. Based on my own experience so far I would recommend holding off on having the recall done unless you really trust your dealer.

20 minutes ago, 86alex said:

I've read through all of these posts and its good to see there have been no major issues reported. However, i have had a huge problem directly related to the recall which i cannot discuss in any further detail until resolved. Based on my own experience so far I would recommend holding off on having the recall done unless you really trust your dealer.

Exactly I don't 

On 6/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, 86alex said:

Oh no I didn't want to read that. Just dropped my one off at SLM Toyota in Norwich. 

So far Im very happy with the service and the way everything was explained to me by the technician who was doing the work. The first car he did was owned by one of the staff he works with and since then he has done another five. Non of them reporting problems so far so fingers crossed it will be ok. 

Will be interesting to hear what your problem was when it gets resolved. 

On 6/25/2019 at 10:20 AM, nikndel said:

Still waiting to see if anyone in the county of Essex has had theirs done ?

Dropped it off today, 

Looking at picking up Friday. 

Yaris?

Nothing faster then a Yaris hire car
Not just any Yaris. An automatic, hybrid Yaris. (say that in the m&s advert voice and it sounds far more exciting)

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, PeterH said:

Not just any Yaris. An automatic, hybrid Yaris. (say that in the m&s advert voice and it sounds far more exciting) emoji6.png

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

At least you don't have to stir your own gears! 

Picked up my 86 from SLM Toyota Norwich this morning. They did the work in two days and we're extremely helpful and reassuring the whole way through with updates and photos of the engine out. Car feels no different after an hour drive back home with some hight speed pulls. I'm very happy so would say anyone in Norfolk who needs the recall has nothing to fear. 

Just now, sxocpaul said:

Picked up the car this afternoon. All good so far. Extra £319 for the rest of the  full + service and autobox fluid change

Cheap compared to what I've been quoted! Think mine will be closer to the £400 mark

Handed mine in on Monday morning, finished the recall (and clutch and spark plug change) on Wednesday evening but with sad news. When the water pump was re installed, it leaked. Toyota have said they will cover the cost for a new pump luckily but I will be driving this Aygo for another week until I get my beauty back. Only upside I can think of is I’m getting 60mpg with my foot down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk