Lauren

Recall issued on cars to have valve springs replaced 2012-2013

5 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Lauren I have received a Recall Notice on my Auto that has covered almost 112k now, so is there anything else you recommend other Spark Plugs that will be on the next Service via the Contract?

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk

Well there's no clutch to worry about, so just spark plugs really. 

46 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Nice guys at Motorline Toyota have given me this brand new car for a week with 14 miles on the clock.......after just one day I want to keep it :D

1388630185_GT86Red.JPG.c4a3fda23606c73c53c86979e6b3a84f.JPG

You lucky devil, very nice indeed. Just out of curiosity do you find the throttle mapping different/better than the first gen cars? Reason I ask is I've just swapped my car and the new one seems much better behaved on pull away and at low speeds. Not sure whether it's all in my head or something has changed.

34 minutes ago, Gray said:

You lucky devil, very nice indeed. Just out of curiosity do you find the throttle mapping different/better than the first gen cars? Reason I ask is I've just swapped my car and the new one seems much better behaved on pull away and at low speeds. Not sure whether it's all in my head or something has changed.

I think it is, yes. I've had the Blue Edition on numerous occasions including for my recall. On the other hand it's hard to tell as my throttle is hyper sensitive since the remap. But I do think they have refined it somewhat over the earlier cars. 

I agree it is better behaved. I find the steering feels a lot better too but not sure if that is down to the improved steering wheel.

Just been to the petrol station and a male customer came over to me and remarked my husband was brave to let me drive his brand new car.........ouch!!! :D 

5 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

I agree it is better behaved. I find the steering feels a lot better too but not sure if that is down to the improved steering wheel.

Just been to the petrol station and a male customer came over to me and remarked my husband was brave to let me drive his brand new car.........ouch!!! :D 

Thanks for that Louise you have confirmed what I thought about the behaviour and steering. 

2 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Not sure if I want my Recall done having seen the pictures above!!

I got a lot of wiring in the Engine Bay for the Aftermarket Gauges and don't want Toyota to cock all that up when they disconnect, let alone when they have to reconnect it all back together afterwards!

I wouldn't worry too much, if you're dealer is worried by your modifications then they can refer to Toyota for advice. In all honesty there are others with far more substantial modifications. I would simply show them the differences and express your concerns as they will only take it on if they are confident that is how it works. 

I have just booked mine in with Steven Eagell Toyota Dealer in Northampton. They only have two engineers who are qualified to do this job, they are aware mine has a SC but this should not be a problem. It is booked in for 30/07 and should be able to pick it up on 02/08! During this time they will provide a courtesy GT86 car as well.

I thought I might as well do it now as I just ticked over 61k miles, doing the big service whilst it is in for the recall job will now cost £210 instead of £550.

Spoken to Motorline Gatwick today while at the Dealership and have been informed if any Modified GT86 need the Recall work done on the car, it is being recommended to go to Toyota in Macclesfield for the work to be done on the cars instead.

I can understand why as believe my GT86 is the only Modified one that comes to this Dealership now as Rob has sold his GT86!

There aren't many GT86's in the area, as I rarely see them on the road around West Sussex.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:59 AM, Harry Haddock said:

If only he knew, Louise!!

1 hour ago, DevilsCry said:

I have just booked mine in with Steven Eagell Toyota Dealer in Northampton. They only have two engineers who are qualified to do this job, they are aware mine has a SC but this should not be a problem. It is booked in for 30/07 and should be able to pick it up on 02/08! During this time they will provide a courtesy GT86 car as well.

I thought I might as well do it now as I just ticked over 61k miles, doing the big service whilst it is in for the recall job will now cost £210 instead of £550.

Good luck, It's where I bought my car from originally but I wouldn't use them for anything now.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:38 AM, Lauren said:

I had a feeling that may be the case! 🤣I suspect my friend will find out tonight! 

How did this go by the way, looking to book mine in to Jemca Reading once I'm sure they're adequately prepped :)

8 hours ago, Rob230 said:

How did this go by the way, looking to book mine in to Jemca Reading once I'm sure they're adequately prepped :)

It didn't happen, they weren't ready and she was misled. She still hasn't had it done as far as I know. I knew that would be the case and they said to her they would do it in two days which is totally unrealistic. 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

It didn't happen, they weren't ready and she was misled. She still hasn't had it done as far as I know. I knew that would be the case and they said to her they would do it in two days which is totally unrealistic. 

Yeah I figured as much, I'll give it another week before I call i think

Got mine booked in for the end of June + '60k' service.

Quick question: best to go with OE spark plugs or are there some worthy upgrades I should look at? This does seem to be an opportunity to apply the adage: "If it isn't broke, break it, then fix it up even better".

IIRC stock already are expensive premium type iridium spark plugs. I wonder if not because to last them longer without change, as change is tedious and expensive :)

So imho nothing to improve by going to aftermarket plugs .. if only for maybe better price .. but as by then one will need to do homework on getting right ones .. imho simpler to just use OE (not cheap, not bad) ones.

Beadles Toyota Medway want me to come in for an hour assessment before starting work, made them aware of mod work carried out by Fensport and Abbey. They said they will contact them and made no mention of additional charges, but they have offered to fit my new clutch FoC, I will supply part.

Anybody in Scotland received a letter yet? Or do we need to visit the dealers and ask? Just trying to find this out, I did not get any letters or emails so far.

4 hours ago, Church said:

IIRC stock already are expensive premium type iridium spark plugs. I wonder if not because to last them longer without change, as change is tedious and expensive :)

So imho nothing to improve by going to aftermarket plugs .. if only for maybe better price .. but as by then one will need to do homework on getting right ones .. imho simpler to just use OE (not cheap, not bad) ones.

Cheers! I won't go bonkers on this then!

5 hours ago, mattt said:

Got mine booked in for the end of June + '60k' service.

Quick question: best to go with OE spark plugs or are there some worthy upgrades I should look at? This does seem to be an opportunity to apply the adage: "If it isn't broke, break it, then fix it up even better".

Which garage are you using?