Daninplymouth

Lowering springs?

Hi, I’m drawing up a plan of mods to do to my car and wondered if anyone had any experience of the Tein 15mm springs? I’m only looking for a little drop to get rid of some arch gap, and don’t want to have to adjust the alignment much which is why I was thinking of these small drop springs. It’s my daily and don’t want to go any lower than this plus with just a slight drop I can get them fitted and hopefully the wife won’t notice 😁

Also as mine is an updated 2017 my shocks are better damped than the preface-lift? So my thinking was these should be better suited to just lowering springs, any ideas on this?

thanks

I'm really happy with my racecomp engineering yellows. 20mm drop on standard shocks and the ride is still very close to OEM.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Have you thought about the Eibach pro kit?

I bought a set of those because they have a great reputation and its not too extreme a drop.

They say a 20mm rear and 25mm front drop (not sure if they fit a 2017 car though).

Not sure when I am going to get the time to fit them though!

I have the 25mm versions of the Tein luxury master springs. They are very good, the spring rates are pretty close to stock so match the dampers well, there is negligible difference in ride quality, definitely recommended.

Actually been reading up a bit more on the rce springs and I get the feeling they might be worth the extra spend. Would I be right in thinking if I wanted to upgrade my handle further in the future I could get some bilstein shocks and swap the springs over to these. I’m not fussed on full on Coilover a really as mine is a daily it would just be set at the one level and never adjusted and don’t want to go to low.

has anyone tried the 15mm tein springs?

I know a couple of people with the tein springs and they seem to like them.

I personally run the ebaich pro springs on mine. Nice subtle drop, hardly a change in ride and only required a tracking tweak after I fitted them. I use mine on road and track and find them great. can dig out some pictures of the drop when I am home later if it helps.

coilovers I have done in the past and don't think they are worth it for a road car like you say. Last car I fitted them too made it a better track car and a worse road car. So for the GT86 I am sticking with springs for the time been.

I really rate the RCE springs but I've nothing to compare them to I guess! I sorta went with the forum consensus here from a previous thread. My understanding is you can use them with bilstein shocks in the future if you wanted to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk