Sign in to follow this  
alucardo

Wanted: Drivers Side wing mirror

Sadly my Wifes Giallo drivers side wing mirror was struck so looking for a replacement please let me know what you have. Its just the housing that been broken but a full part would probably be easier to fit.

As you've probably discovered Toyota only sell the complete mirror assembly rather than the plastic housing and it is hideously expensive (hundreds when I needed one a few years ago after smashing it on a gate post). You can either keep an eye out on ebay, or do some breaker searches, but the alternative could be a repair of your broken one. Around 3 or 4 years ago mine was smashed into around 7 or 8 pieces of plastic (although the mirror, and as it turned out the adjusting motor, were fine), and a local body shop bloke managed to glue it all together, and with some filler/sanding/new black paint got it looking like it had never been broken to begin with and it has stayed that way since then. It would depend how bad the damage of yours was of course, and if you still have the pieces (or most of them) but a good body shop can work real magic (the cost in my case was peanuts too).