GravelRash

Evo Triangle - 4th November 2018

Following the cancellation of the Jap-2-Jap a couple of us who made the space in the calendar are planning to head over to the Evo triangle in Wales for a few laps before the locals chase us off. People are welcome to come and to quote my friend ' Porsche's will be in attendance'.

Event: Evo Triangle cruise

Date: 4th November 2018

Start: 10:30

Meeting Point: Asda Queensferry Supercentre, Aston Rd, Queensferry, Deeside CH5 1TP

Details:

We will meet up around 10:30 before heading over to the Evo Triangle. We are planning to do a few laps with the option for stopping at the visitor centre and taking various photos and stuff.

The Evo Triangle is EVO Triangle {Google Maps Link}

The visitor centre that we are hoping to stop at for photo's and stuff is located at Cerrigydrudion, Conwy LL21 9TT

I've never done this before, but my friend who is also coming has and says it's a fun road to drive.

At least one of the Porsche's will be a MY18 Cayman. Come see the 'grown up' version of our car.

Now that is a great idea, good one, Mark. I'm up for it. :)

I hope you don't mind, but I've posted it on the other forum too. 

I've done it a fair number of times before.  I did it when my car was less than a day old! First proper drive of my car. ;) 

9 hours ago, James-GT86Aero said:

Hope you guys have a great time but due to unforeseen events shall we say I won’t be coming along emoji17.pngemoji17.pngemoji17.pngemoji17.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the unforeseen events aren't of an unfortunate nature! 😕

Thanks for organising a really good day out, Mark. I thoroughly enjoyed myself getting three laps in! :) Was also interesting to try your car with the BC coilovers. They ride really well, but rear damping seems to run out of ideas at times, when faced with a number of compressions at speed. Sorry for scaring you a bit! ;) Was also nice to meet @TommyC, hope you enjoyed the ride. I had an absolute blast all the way back to the A55 too, the roads around there are cracking. We should do it more often! :)

Yeah was great to meet you all!

I really enjoyed the driving, even if I was a bit panicky about losing it due to 'wobbly sidewalls'. Hoping my new wheels reduce this somewhat.

Thanks for the 'lap' Lauren, it's given me more food-for-thought regarding suspension etc 🙂

I'm looking forward to trying a few track days next year 😀

12 minutes ago, dom2497 said:

Its a great road, I was there earlier in the year in an M2. Out of interest how did the caymans compare?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I led all the laps so it's difficult to tell, but I was a fair bit ahead for the most part, though I've done the Triangle about five times now. I did look in the mirror of course and the Caymans were miles behind it seemed. 

21 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I led all the laps so it's difficult to tell, but I was a fair bit ahead for the most part, though I've done the Triangle about five times now. I did look in the mirror of course and the Caymans were miles behind it seemed. 

Yeah, they were stuck behind me 😳😆

They were held up by the slower 86's.

In my opinion the acceleration is the biggest difference; they can simply accelerate faster than we can, so they are able to 'punch' out of the corners. This is most noticeable because our (well mine) driving abilities mean we're not holding our speed through the corners.

So we all need turbos.