Daninplymouth

Wheel weight rota blitz, pro race 1.2

Hi does anyone know the weight for the rota blitz in 17x8? As I can’t find anything listed online.

I think it will be these or the team dynamics which I have had on my previous cars but the only issue I have with these is I always though they were classed as a fairly light wheel. Online they say the 17x8 is from 9kg so I know it’s slightly wider than stock but isn’t that roughly the same weight and they list the 17” & 18” as the same weight. 

Does anyone know of any of decent 17x8 that will be lighter than stock? Not fussed on going super light and expensive would like to keep it under £1000. That’s why I picked these 2 as I’m sure the TD’s will be on a Black Friday offer somewhere

i do also like the 949 6ul but I don’t know anything about these, are they strong? My car is used everyday as a daily driver planning some track days in the future

thanks for any input

34 minutes ago, Daninplymouth said:

i do also like the 949 6ul but I don’t know anything about these, are they strong? My car is used everyday as a daily driver planning some track days in the future

949's are very tough wheels designed for track abuse. @will300 may be able to chime in with their weight as he has a set

5 hours ago, Deacon said:

949's are very tough wheels designed for track abuse. @will300 may be able to chime in with their weight as he has a set

Thanks I know they are light sure it was like 6-7kg just had never heard of them before.

the foxes like quite nice actually but would have to go to 18” for an 8” wide will look into these a bit more

I’ve recently fitted Advan Model 7’s to my 86 (17x7j).

6.8kgs each, so saved a total of 9.2kgs of unsprung mass when compared to the stock 9.1kg alloys.

Very rare though. The set I bought were the only set i’ve ever seen for sale in 17x7j with a PCD of 5x100. But can highly recommend them if you can find them.

If it helps, there is a really good list of wheel weights on this site -

https://www.andysautosport.com/learning_center/buyers_guides/wheel_weights/

1 hour ago, Leeky said:

I’ve recently fitted Advan Model 7’s to my 86 (17x7j).

6.8kgs each, so saved a total of 9.2kgs of unsprung mass when compared to the stock 9.1kg alloys.

Very rare though. The set I bought were the only set i’ve ever seen for sale in 17x7j with a PCD of 5x100. But can highly recommend them if you can find them.

If it helps, there is a really good list of wheel weights on this site -

https://www.andysautosport.com/learning_center/buyers_guides/wheel_weights/

Thanks for that link 👍

8 hours ago, Deacon said:

@Daninplymouth worth looking at the Konig offerings too. They do some light and very well priced flow formed options 👍

Yes I did see the dekagrams and have enquired for a price but not heard back

1 minute ago, Leeky said:

You can run a 225 on a 7j

You can, but you wouldn't want to really. 8 or 8.5, ideally would be better for 225. I run 17x8's and didn't like the sidewall flex due to the increased profile on a 225/45/17. I have now run 215s on an 8" rim it seems to work well. 

On 10/13/2018 at 8:52 AM, Deacon said:

949 Racing wheels are 7.3kgs in 17x8, so very light for a flow formed wheel. 

I would be will to sell them, if your interested. 

Here's a couple of photo's:

3.jpg

16797932_1391847764170861_3041978589228391763_o.jpg.1b91990503c22a5135bb402e5a98dc97.jpg

IMG_20180619_211149.thumb.jpg.cc0a430ca5c0471e0120028b7a1ade1c.jpg

Ahhhh there is so many choices. After looking at more wheels then I care to remember I think I have changed my mind again and now think I will be going for 18s the extra sidewall on the 17s is putting me off looks wise.

any ideas for 18s that are around the same weight as stock? Don’t want to spend more than 1000 ideally so not after something super light weight. Now swinging back to the pro race 1.2s

2 hours ago, Daninplymouth said:

Ahhhh there is so many choices. After looking at more wheels then I care to remember I think I have changed my mind again and now think I will be going for 18s the extra sidewall on the 17s is putting me off looks wise.

any ideas for 18s that are around the same weight as stock? Don’t want to spend more than 1000 ideally so not after something super light weight. Now swinging back to the pro race 1.2s

PM'd you about my 18" 1.2's for sale

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, will300 said:

949 Racing wheels are 7.3kgs in 17x8, so very light for a flow formed wheel. 

I would be will to sell them, if your interested. 

Here's a couple of photo's:

3.jpg

16797932_1391847764170861_3041978589228391763_o.jpg.1b91990503c22a5135bb402e5a98dc97.jpg

IMG_20180619_211149.thumb.jpg.cc0a430ca5c0471e0120028b7a1ade1c.jpg

Could be tempted myself as I still love these. Drop me a PM if they end up for grabs ;)

2 hours ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

We can order you a set of beautiful RAYS GramLights 57CR 17x9 in Glossy Black or Gunmetal Blue from Japan.. They weight 8.5kg so lighter and wider than oem wheels.

Image result for 57CR 17" FRS BRZ 86

57CR_553.jpg

57CR_552.jpg

T2acU6q.jpg

igtfkA9.jpg

Nice but trying to stick to 8.5” wide max as on standard shocks . I did see your 57drs and am very tempted with them

32 minutes ago, Daninplymouth said:

Nice but trying to stick to 8.5” wide max as on standard shocks . I did see your 57drs and am very tempted with them

9J is fine on Standard shocks :) I was on standard suspension when I got my wheels.. they are 9J ET33

On 10/14/2018 at 10:24 AM, Lauren said:

You can, but you wouldn't want to really. 8 or 8.5, ideally would be better for 225. I run 17x8's and didn't like the sidewall flex due to the increased profile on a 225/45/17. I have now run 215s on an 8" rim it seems to work well. 

YOU didn't like it. Doesn't mean to say other people won't. There's plenty of people running wide tyres on a narrower rim that are happy enough. Even the new Type R has a 245 on an 8.5j rim.

1 hour ago, lintgfx said:

YOU didn't like it. Doesn't mean to say other people won't. There's plenty of people running wide tyres on a narrower rim that are happy enough. Even the new Type R has a 245 on an 8.5j rim.

As long as you're 'happy enough' that's all that matters. For those of us that compete the consensus is to run the narrowest tyre within spec of course for the widest wheel width. Makes responses much sharper and takes the slack out the sidewall. 

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

For those of us that compete the consensus is to run the narrowest tyre within spec of course for the widest wheel width. 

Not really you'd want a narrower wheel in order to save unsprung weight. I'd rather go slightly quicker if I was seriously competing rather than a "better feeling" car with a sharper response. Fair enough if you enjoy the way it makes your car feel but don't go trying to say the car will actually be better in a competitive environment because of it.