Willson777

Heated Seats Install?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience or know if it is possible to get heated seats installed, replacing the standard ones.

Do they have to be factory fitted from the go etc?

They were never factory fitted. They were fitted at Portbury Docks when the cars arrived in the UK. It must be possible of course, but you'll just need all the parts including wiring loom. 

My car has them, simply because i bought it used & it had them fitted .. but i found myself tried them once or twice .. and never used after. When they may come in handy due cold weather, i'm usually wearing warmer outwear anyway, so nothing to gain. I'd rather have heated steering wheel, but well, no such option. As for heated seats .. if i had choice i'd rather have lover price of car and have it without them (they btw also add weight). So not sure that is that must have function to bother. Rather think of .. eg. rear camera install to ease parking. Much more useful feat.

8 hours ago, Dave86 said:

I've never understood a need in the UK with cloth seats, leather I do get!

It's personal preference. I specified the half leather/alcantara with heated seats when I ordered my car. It must be one of my favourite options. I use them all through the winter and even in the summer if I'm out in the car really early and it's a little bit fresh. There's nothing nicer than having the seat take the chill out of being in the car when it's cold. Unlike Church I don't wear coats when I 'm driving no matter how cold it is. I've had it in a few cars now, so if I can specify it, I will. 

Half leather/alcantara looks good, not that sweaty in summer .. but in these cars imho signs of wear on side supports with leather appear slightly too soon. Not that i care too much, how car drives matters to me manyfold then some interior wear, but seen many complaining, and also worn on mine too just after 10K km.

Lauren: i sometimes take off coat too, if it's longer drive (unlike most common daily 20min to work) or performance drive (eg. on ice track) for less obstacles to handling from thick outerwear, but as in many cases my car usage starts with engine startup, then 5-10min brushing off snow from car, scrape ice from windows, by then cabin is already warmed up .. again to not need much heated seats.

Another heated seat fan here. Just a really quick way to get some heat. But horses for courses. 

I find it astonishing they were fitted after shipping. What was the the logistics? Ship cars without seats but with the loom in place? Junk a load of non-heated seats? What was the intended purpose of the space where the switches sit? Sounds like a very expensive way to add a feature whichever way you look at it. 

Sorry to resurrect, I wasn’t receiving notifications about any replies to my thread which is strange.

It comes down to preference I suppose, to be fair I don’t usually get a cold bum too quickly but the warmth from a heated seat can be very ‘cosy’!

On 01/10/2018 at 8:39 AM, Lucas@PartBox said:

I'm gonna have a driver's side heated seat  for sale soon, if you need that? 

May be a bit strange with just one side but how much you looking for out of curiosity?

4 minutes ago, doomfreak777 said:

Sorry to resurrect, I wasn’t receiving notifications about any replies to my thread which is strange.

It comes down to preference I suppose, to be fair I don’t usually get a cold bum too quickly but the warmth from a heated seat can be very ‘cosy’!

May be a bit strange with just one side but how much you looking for out of curiosity?

Well you only need the drivers side heated. Given you're never going to sit in the passenger seat it's not so important. ;) 

53 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Well you only need the drivers side heated. Given you're never going to sit in the passenger seat it's not so important. ;) 

Haha well I suppose you do have a point there!