Montatron

The next step...

Hi everyone!

Basically I want to get some opinions on what I should be thinking of for my next modification. I've done my research quiet a bit to get where I am now mod wise I'm happy with the results so far just it's kind of turned into a mine field of possibilities for the next step.

So far the car has had these done to it:

Work T7R wheels (18")

Yokohama V105 tyres

BC racing Coilovers

K&N typhoon intake

Greddy Evo 4 Cat back

TD UEL manifold and map

EBC disks and yellow stuff pads

I'm trying to go down the performance route but I also don't really want to spend money on stuff that won't really be beneficial.

So again basically I'm looking for you good folk for a bit of knowledge and advise what I should be aiming for next and what to avoid wasting time with.

I.e. is bracing worth it, roll bars, weight reduction etc etc.

Cheers guys!!

Β 

Β 

Without knowing how you use the car it's hard to say, do you do track days or is it purely a daily driver?

Do you feel like there is aΒ deficiencyΒ with any part of the car?

Assuming you track the car, the one thing missing from you list is braking. I'd suggest some uprated pads and fluid.Β 

How are we supposed to tell you what to do next?

Browse the forum and the build threads to see if anything takes your fancy. Look at the parts websites like Tarmac Sportz, Tuning Developments etc

It's impossible for us to recommend anything when we know nothing about you, how you use the car, how you intend to use it in the future, what your budget is, what your style is...etc

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

You're probably done with naturally aspirated short of boring the engine for extra capacity.

It's a turbo or supercharger next!

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk
Β 

Love to mate but not big enough budget 😜

1 hour ago, will300 said:

Without knowing how you use the car it's hard to say, do you do track days or is it purely a daily driver?

Do you feel like there is aΒ deficiencyΒ with any part of the car?

Assuming you track the car, the one thing missing from you list is braking. I'd suggest some uprated pads and fluid.Β 

Ooooh yeah, I forgot to put brakes on the list. I've got EBC disks and yellow stuff pads.

They're better than stock but big brake kits is one thing that's a possibility if I can get some used ones in the future.

1 hour ago, smudge said:

How are we supposed to tell you what to do next?

Browse the forum and the build threads to see if anything takes your fancy. Look at the parts websites like Tarmac Sportz, Tuning Developments etc

It's impossible for us to recommend anything when we know nothing about you, how you use the car, how you intend to use it in the future, what your budget is, what your style is...etc

It's more of a suggest rather telling me.

It's a case of is chassis bracing worth it, sort shifter, weight reduction (where possible) etc

But I will have a look at other posts πŸ™‚

Don't waste money on an intake kit. HKS drop in panel filter if anything. Exhaust, too expensive to get in the UK, HKS system would be a nice alternative.Β 

Start with exhaust / suspension. 18" wheels will require lowered ride height if you want it to look decent, also something like 9.5J wheels will probably require coilovers, depending on the offset it might rub on the stock strut.Β 

HKS/Tuning Developments/Cobra cat-less manifold would be the first noticeable power mod you can do, especially when it unlocks the possibility of a remap from Tuning Developments.Β 

Either way, I did this: Panel filter > exhaust >Β suspension >Β wheels & tyresΒ Β 

38 minutes ago, Montatron said:

It's more of a suggest rather telling me.

It's a case of is chassis bracing worth it, sort shifter, weight reduction (where possible) etc

But I will have a look at other posts πŸ™‚

Shifter springs areΒ a great inexpensive mod to improve the driving feelΒ 

56 minutes ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Don't waste money on an intake kit. HKS drop in panel filter if anything. Exhaust, too expensive to get in the UK, HKS system would be a nice alternative.Β 

Start with exhaust / suspension. 18" wheels will require lowered ride height if you want it to look decent, also something like 9.5J wheels will probably require coilovers, depending on the offset it might rub on the stock strut.Β 

HKS/Tuning Developments/Cobra cat-less manifold would be the first noticeable power mod you can do, especially when it unlocks the possibility of a remap from Tuning Developments.Β 

Either way, I did this: Panel filter > exhaust >Β suspension >Β wheels & tyresΒ Β 

Already done all those things mate. I've put a big list of things I've already done up the top

58 minutes ago, smudge said:

Shifter springs areΒ a great inexpensive mod to improve the driving feelΒ 

I've already done coilovers, F6-R4. Just edited my post description as it wasn't the clearest 😜

Sorry for the confusion mate.

1 minute ago, maurice said:

Do you track the car or is it road only?

Just road use at the moment. I wouldn't mind doing some track work but it's getting time off work at the right time which is a problem unfortunately πŸ˜’

50 minutes ago, Montatron said:

I've already done coilovers, F6-R4. Just edited my post description as it wasn't the clearest 😜

Sorry for the confusion mate.

Shifter springs aren't anything to do with suspension

25 minutes ago, smudge said:

Shifter springs aren't anything to do with suspension

Sorry mate! I didn't read that right what so ever 😜

Yeah, the guys from tuning development said they were good when I get the manifold done. I'm actually very tempted by the gear box bush insert too. Then I started wondering about the diff and and rear sub frame inserts too.

The simple fact that they're pretty cheap too makes them very tempting. But then you get the "if they're cheap, are they crap" thing 😜

Don't bother with anti-roll bars, they will only reduce traction.Β I'm not convinced on chassis bracing either, it's fairly stiff anyway. BBK - the AP four pot kit from Reyland for Β£1500 is amazing, but only worth it if you track it or like fast descents on Alpine passes. Weight reduction is pointless too, unless you are racing. Poly bushing makes a difference but only if you have high mileage (changed mine over at 100K miles) and things like the SPL rear lower arms sharpen up the rear end.Β 

It's bit of an unusual thread. You normally mod a car based on what you as the owner feels it's missing or falls down on. Asking other people what you should blow your cash on is, well, different. Is there anything you don't like or think needsΒ improving? Because none of us can tell you what you think.

30 minutes ago, Varelco said:

It's bit of an unusual thread. You normally mod a car based on what you as the owner feels it's missing or falls down on. Asking other people what you should blow your cash on is, well, different. Is there anything you don't like or think needsΒ improving? Because none of us can tell you what you think.

Hahaha! I know what you mean, but like I say it's more of a thing of would folk recommend this or that.

Lauren pretty much answered my question of should I bother with roll bars etc

Bbk: unless you take the car on track probably not much point. They look good though IMO. KSports front are good value for under 1k (rear are just too expensive for little added benefit). Reyland Motorsport (AP calipers with their own rotors) are great option if a bit more expensive at 1.5k.

Pads: I think Yellowstuff are great outside track (not noisy). The only reason I consider using different next time is because I went FI route.

But if you want power, FI is the way. TD turbo option is well priced and executed, very different feel and tremendously enjoyable even on a normal weekend drive.

But honestly, take it on track at least once, push it to the grip limit, see how it handles, much easier than to decide whether and what you may want to mod.

Oh, I think tinted windows are much better . Was planning may be to carbon wrap spoiler, mirrors and few other bits, but decided better to spend money on extra track day and tuition.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, maurice said:

Yeah sounds like you're looking for an excuse to blow some money on bolt-onsΒ :P

I can't confirm nor deny these accusations 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Yeah as I've been saying I'm kind of wanting to know what's worth it and what's not.

Just you know what it's like. You look at parks websites and think "oooh that's cool, but is it worth doing"Β 

I made this thread just to find out what would be worth it. Parts wise not much, however folk have said get to a track "modify the driver" (I might steal that one 😜) so still plenty food for thought.

Cheers guys!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘