Kaltorak

Worst Car Ever Driven

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:19 AM, Addymk2 said:

Sadly not mate, must have been 15/16 years ago I was doing that! Typing that's just made me feel real old real fast 😁

Not far off the time I was talking. Was around 2005 I had mine. But yes less of that as I am feeling old now too.

Was only going to say as I still see many of the people and admin from at forum. Everyone's cars are very wide ranging now days though, not a corsa B in sight :lol:

Not sure if it counts, but I was given a Fiat Seicento as a courtesy car when my motorbike was hit by a car.  I didn't actually get to drive it though.  My legs were too long for the car so my left knee ended up wedged between the wheel and the centre console - I could only turn the wheel with the clutch depressed.  Try explaining that to an insurance company 😂

i had a 2003 1.0 litre vauxhall coarsa. saying it was slow was a understatement. the engine exploded twice, once at 30k miles due to some cheap Chinese made pressed part that (as someone who works in steel fabrication/production) honestly costs less than 2p to make. 1 weak later the twig like anorexic pistons where introduced to the block walls again because yet another thin steel pressed part snapped on the connection to the drive shaft and exploded the engine ( how i don't know) The part itself cost £3 to replace....the rest of the engine was £460. I'd say it was a cheap car made of cheap crap, but at the time this was a mid priced hatch back...way over priced considering the dealer ship told me i was lucky to get 30k out of the engine 🙄.

But still ...worst car I've ever drove wasn't this...it was a Toyota aygo i got as a 'equivalent value replacement courtesy car' for a v6 crossfire . The car felt like it was missing everything a modern car should have...like a engine, electric windows and suspension. As a 6ft 3" guy i can say these cars are not designed for averaged sized humans, let alone tall blokes. I had more leg room in my brothers classic 1.3i Mini. The entire drive feel of the aygo felt like a death trip, being unable to pull out onto a 30 mph road with a 100 metre gap between cars, the role on the car, how tinny it all felt it was awful. Oh and it had no AC in mid summer to top it off.

I love the Aygo! Mk1 more than Mk2, it's just a go-kart with headlights and a roof. Yeah, you have to a use the engine, but that's half the fun. Wheel in each corner, chuckable and light, and if you keep the revs up they're a blast.

30 minutes ago, spikyone said:

I love the Aygo! Mk1 more than Mk2, it's just a go-kart with headlights and a roof. Yeah, you have to a use the engine, but that's half the fun. Wheel in each corner, chuckable and light, and if you keep the revs up they're a blast.

No.

No no. No.

Had one as a hire car on Kefalonia .. waste of time as it couldn't get up the hills in anything higher than 1st gear.

Last time I let SWMBO arrange the hire car on holiday ... 🙂

Maybe not the worst car ever, but I have a courtesy car for a couple of days, a BMW 118i new series.  It looks blingy, it's too quiet, it has one cylinder short of a proper engine, it's front wheel drive, the suspension gives you no feeling of the road, the steering wheel appears to be disconnected from any wheels, the gearbox is a pudding stirrer, and the handbrake is a bloody switch.

Did I mention that it's awful?

I think my sofa gives me more driving fun than this.

3 hours ago, MartinT said:

Maybe not the worst car ever, but I have a courtesy car for a couple of days, a BMW 118i new series.  It looks blingy, it's too quiet, it has one cylinder short of a proper engine, it's front wheel drive, the suspension gives you no feeling of the road, the steering wheel appears to be disconnected from any wheels, the gearbox is a pudding stirrer, and the handbrake is a bloody switch.

Did I mention that it's awful?

I think my sofa gives me more driving fun than this.

Some cars are more of a video game these days. ☹️ 99% of the drivers just don't notice. They only care about space, comfort and status.