Lauren

Help! Committee Members needed to help with the club

Rob, Keith, Alec and I started this club over five years ago now. I am pleased that it has gone from strength to strength, however five years is a long time and Rob has now sold his car and Alec by his own admission does not participate in the running of the club anymore. Keith and I are still around of course, though it seems like I'm the ever present director these days. 

I feel that I'm doing most things these days and I could really use some help! This is mostly with the events side of things and I know we have some excellent regional organisers, like @Leevsfortyone, @will300 and @Deacon, @VAD17 to name but a few. Not to mention the great support from @smudge for his help with running the Facebook page. I couldn't do it without him. 

I totally understand times change and we cannot expect even the directors to own their cars forever. Life changes and people move onto other things, unless you're me of course, 120,000 miles in my car and still going strong, which is great and all that, but I feel that we need to prepare the club for the future. 

So what am I proposing? 

Well I'm looking at forming a committee as such for the event organisers where we can have our own forum to discuss and organise events and delegate who will be doing what. Alec has said that he's happy to stand down as a director and I understand that it's far easier to effect these days. If someone feels that they would like to take on the heinous responsibility of being a director for the club, do please let me know! 

I would really like to hear from those enthusiastic members that would like to get more involved in the running of the club. There's no pay of course as we are non-profit and we all do stuff in our spare time when we are not earning a living. 

So who do we need? 

Well I'd really like to reinforce the regional event organisers we already have, so there is the South East/West, Midlands, possibly East Midlands and of course the North West and East. We are lacking in the Northern part of the country and should do more up here. 

We also need someone to liaise with the Owners Club. I've built this relationship with the help of Rob over the last year and after a good chat with @Kesler at JAE we are going to work to promote even more events together across both clubs. This is great news as I believe that all owners irresepective of whether they are on this club or the OC should all get to benefit from the events we organise and vice-versa. We had a great collaboration at Japfest Silverstone this year, but more work needs to be done on other events such as Japfest Donington and JAE if we continue to attend. We also have a great relationship with Toyota UK again through @Kesler and are trying to coordinate factory tours at Burnaston through @Riceburner. Really we have some great people already on board and great contacts in this respect, but it needs working on to ensure that we have some great events. 

I would absolutely welcome new ideas and a good injection of new blood is definitely needed. 

Please reply if you have any questions and wish to get further involved. @rob275 and I have agreed that we will have a meet up somewhere central in the coming months with those that are interested in taking the club further and getting more involved. It will probably be around the midlands. 

I would be very happy to be part of the committee (but I would not be able to become a formal director, even for a non-profit organisation).

I am also very happy to take responsibility for organising:

A) several "official " club events (south and anywhere within 2 hrs of London) like Tunerfest South, Castle Combe action days, etc - we should take a vote though to keep decent attendance

B) may be couple "official " track days or training days (CATD was very good, can try to organise again). We can do say 1 at Brands or Silverstone and 1 at Donny to start with.

C) Lee is much better organising social events, but I can do better and get few organised down South/ South East.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@VAD17 and @Leevsfortyone that's fab. You two have already done a brilliant job with organising events and I would love that to continue. 

I think 'official' trackdays is an idea. I guess we need to gauge what people want. I used to organise club trackdays going back 17 year or so, though trackdays were really cheap then and we could have the whole day to ourselves which is far more difficult nowadays to do. We used to get 70 odd MR2's at places like Elvington and 30 at the old Anglesey track.  But we can of course identify a day and aim all the members at that. Far easier and no risk as such. At both those days we wouldn't have enough cars to take over the day as such. 

I think Silverstone National is not worthy of a track day, but if it's the GP, then if people are willing to pay it would be worth doing I think. Donington is always a winner, easily a better circuit than the other two by a long way and also pretty central for people to get to. But yes, why not do stuff at each track and see what the take up is? No harm in doing that. 

The CAT training days have been popular with those new to track driving and many members have enjoyed those days, so if there is still a take up on these I'm all for it. I just know that a lot of people have done them now. 

Rob, Keith, Alec and I started this club over five years ago now. I am pleased that it has gone from strength to strength, however five years is a long time and Rob has now sold his car and Alec by his own admission does not participate in the running of the club anymore. Keith and I are still around of course, though it seems like I'm the ever present director these days. 
I feel that I'm doing most things these days and I could really use some help! This is mostly with the events side of things and I know we have some excellent regional organisers, like [mention=511]Leevsfortyone[/mention], [mention=247]will300[/mention] and [mention=277]Deacon[/mention], [mention=2630]VAD17[/mention] to name but a few. Not to mention the great support from [mention=432]smudge[/mention] for his help with running the Facebook page. I couldn't do it without him. 
I totally understand times change and we cannot expect even the directors to own their cars forever. Life changes and people move onto other things, unless you're me of course, 120,000 miles in my car and still going strong, which is great and all that, but I feel that we need to prepare the club for the future. 
So what am I proposing? 
Well I'm looking at forming a committee as such for the event organisers where we can have our own forum to discuss and organise events and delegate who will be doing what. Alec has said that he's happy to stand down as a director and I understand that it's far easier to effect these days. If someone feels that they would like to take on the heinous responsibility of being a director for the club, do please let me know! 
I would really like to hear from those enthusiastic members that would like to get more involved in the running of the club. There's no pay of course as we are non-profit and we all do stuff in our spare time when we are not earning a living. 
So who do we need? 
Well I'd really like to reinforce the regional event organisers we already have, so there is the South East/West, Midlands, possibly East Midlands and of course the North West and East. We are lacking in the Northern part of the country and should do more up here. 
We also need someone to liaise with the Owners Club. I've built this relationship with the help of Rob over the last year and after a good chat with [mention=1216]Kesler[/mention] at JAE we are going to work to promote even more events together across both clubs. This is great news as I believe that all owners irresepective of whether they are on this club or the OC should all get to benefit from the events we organise and vice-versa. We had a great collaboration at Japfest Silverstone this year, but more work needs to be done on other events such as Japfest Donington and JAE if we continue to attend. We also have a great relationship with Toyota UK again through [mention=1216]Kesler[/mention] and are trying to coordinate factory tours at Burnaston through [mention=231]Riceburner[/mention]. Really we have some great people already on board and great contacts in this respect, but it needs working on to ensure that we have some great events. 
I would absolutely welcome new ideas and a good injection of new blood is definitely needed. 
Please reply if you have any questions and wish to get further involved. [mention=2]rob275[/mention] and I have agreed that we will have a meet up somewhere central in the coming months with those that are interested in taking the club further and getting more involved. It will probably be around the midlands. 

Happy to help with some of the boring admin tasks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Angelina said:

Happy to help with some of the boring admin tasks emoji56.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you would like to take on the traders and ensuring they're paying up, that would be fabulous! :)

On 9/7/2018 at 7:49 PM, Deacon said:

It was after a forum update - it removed me as a regional organiser for some reason. 

It's not the forum update that done this, think it's your payment as a premium member flicking your title back. Ill resolve shortly. You wasnt sacked :P

I’m fairly new to all this and only managed to get along to one event so far as been a fairly busy year since getting the car.
However if I can be put to use in anyway I’d like to help out based in Stratford-Upon-Avon I’d really like to do more :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk