cropzy

Appraisal

Hi.

I don't know if this is in the right area but here goes:

I am potentially getting a new car, something more powerful and would like my current 86 appraising, who better then the owners club to help me!

I can give more in depth details if requested however I would just like a general idea.

2014 red TRD (Genuine red TRD, extremely little exist).
27k miles on clock
FSH
2x keys
passed MOT's with flying colours
No issues ever had
Only ever run on premuim fuel (mainly vpower)
always kept clean and looked after
Been to many shows
Completely standard TRD model
Toyo proxxes t1r all round with around 7mm of tread left
Thinkware dashcam fitted
Spare space saver wheel in boot.

IMG_20180819_101701.jpg?width=901&height

From what I found while looking when I got my TRD a year ago, unfortunately it being TRD doesn't really increase its worth by much if at all. I would look around at other stock 86's of the same age and similar mileage and just add a few hundred quid on top.

On a side note, saw it last weekend at JPS (which I believe is where that image was taken?), looked lovely. Was debating whether it was the legitimate factory red TRD or one you'd added the kit to.

24 minutes ago, Kryostasis said:

From what I found while looking when I got my TRD a year ago, unfortunately it being TRD doesn't really increase its worth by much if at all. I would look around at other stock 86's of the same age and similar mileage and just add a few hundred quid on top.

On a side note, saw it last weekend at JPS (which I believe is where that image was taken?), looked lovely. Was debating whether it was the legitimate factory red TRD or one you'd added the kit to.

Yeah it was at JPS. It's 100% genuine red TRD. It's even on the VIN and paperwork.

Looking at prices 2014 TRD's with around 27k are going for nearly 17k. I have looked on autotrader. Does this seem about right?

TRD red looks very similar to the standard red or is it just me? It looks in great condition and clearly well looked after. I'd advertise it at a higher price than the book as I'm sure you paid a premium when you bought it.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

TRD red looks very similar to the standard red or is it just me? It looks in great condition and clearly well looked after. I'd advertise it at a higher price than the book as I'm sure you paid a premium when you bought it.

It is no different from the stock red. The TRD is not a factory fitment either. The bodykit, just like the Aero is fitted at Portbury Docks so it is not a factory edition. 

Obviously you can reduce your price as it's easy to lower it. I think with other TRD's I guess you only have a sample of one or two price wise and you don't know what they sold for. I would guess at only slightly above stock prices really. I might be wrong. Good luck. 

Moved it to for sale section for you. :)

The difficult thing about price is it being high enough for what you want to get to what the market will pay, as Lauren said you can always reduce the price but not increase it.

If the price is too low people assume theres something amiss and don't view it or think your desperate to sell so offer even lower and take the piss.

Pop it up for sale and see how it goes after all you can decide not to sell anyway. I pxed my car in the end as I had very little interest from the forums as most people already have one.

Good luck either way.

I've been monitoring '86 prices over the last 18 months or so and TRDs are always advertised at roughly a minimum £2k premium above the standard models.

I'd guess you'd get a little over £16k privately; maybe advertise at £16,750?