Tristor

King-Meiler Tyres Extreme VR2/VR2NK, any good?

Howdy All,

A company on the East Coast of the US is liquidating their stock of King-Meiler Tyres because they didn't sell.  I can't seem to find anything out about this brand here in the US, no reviews, nothing.  But they are a European company and I'm hoping maybe the more EU/UK heavy group here has some comments on these.  I can get a full set of 225/40R18 VR2NK R7s for $485 shipped to my door, so that's super cheap for R-compound tires.  On the other hand, I know nothing about this brand and I'd just as soon spend double the money for something that's a known quantity since I don't want a tire issue ending my track day or my life.

Anybody know anything about these?  Are they any good?

I've never heard of them, but you are right they do seem to sell them in Europe. They look to be cheap shite at half the price of decent tyres in the same size. I woudn't touch them with a bargepole. 

Get something better, I'd say. 

41 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

It depends what you use the tyres for? 

If they are rubbish grip etc, then they be great for drifting/practice etc. 

But basically nothing else. 

These tyres are being used for hillclimbs/sprinting as I know someone on cliosport thinks they are very good but I am not sure if they are still being made.This is from the forum

I have been using the Extreme VR2 tyres now for about 6 months - I found them to be very grippy and at a good price. I've just ordered another set direct from the factory and I have been asked in future to go through the new UK supplier. For anyone else looking for a good, road-legal, List 1B, track tyre then the contact details for the UK supplier are -

RobSolExpress Ltd
Robert Solarski
23Belmont Road
Southampton
SO17 2GD

Tele: 07817420786
Email: plmotorclub@yahoo.co.uk

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UKExtremePerformanceTyres/
Shop: www.polishautomobileclubuk.com/?post_type=product
Extreme Tyre Info: www.extreme-tyres.com

Interesting that 60% of the cars in Class A3 at the Castle Hillclimb on Saturday were on Extreme VR2 tyres in soft (R5) compound....... they are really gaining popularity.
VR2.jpg