VAD17

Schroth Rallye 3 ASM harness

9 hours ago, GraemeI said:

I have enough problems trying to work out where the chase is!!!!  Never mind the catch part!!! :lol:

Thats because you're at the front, try being near the back and the chase is obvious :D

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Thats because you're at the front, try being near the back and the chase is obvious :D

What the hell is @KevinA excuse then?  He is so far ahead I can't even see him :P 

Some might say I am cheating with sticky tyres, but TBH it 's the way I really enjoy the 86. Might put some rubbish on for a drifting day though :)

2 hours ago, KevinA said:

Some might say I am cheating with sticky tyres, but TBH it 's the way I really enjoy the 86. Might put some rubbish on for a drifting day though :)

No cheating - it's the next logical step in competition, assuming you don't have to maintain it as your daily driver..... :) 

Btw - if anyone is thinking of buying one. Demon Tweeks outlet on ebay currently selling driver harness for GBP 63.55 with free delivery. Bargain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, VAD17 said:

Btw - if anyone is thinking of buying one. Demon Tweeks outlet on ebay currently selling driver harness for GBP 63.55 with free delivery. Bargainemoji16.png

Isn't that one different though as it has a different part number to the one mentioned in this thread? 

Isn't that one different though as it has a different part number to the one mentioned in this thread? 
Oh yes, you are right, it's the passenger side. My bad

Oh yes, you are right, it's the passenger side. My bad

It's a right hand side one but I'm pretty sure it's a completely different model looking at the pictures, etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's a right hand side one but I'm pretty sure it's a completely different model looking at the pictures, etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You are right, I am just blind . We need 3 ASM, not 4. Sorry

Did anyone torque the bolts up to specific values or just go with nice and tight? Part of me thinks they should be as it's a safety thing but I can't find them in the stupidly long repair manual :D

Found a better manual, and if I'm reading it right, 42nm for the nut that holds the buckle on, 30nm for the other 2, which seems odd if the rear seat belt one is difficult to get off!

Quick question for the group: what is it supposed to attach to on the drivers seat itself?

I presumed the seatbelt buckle, but that just appears to be a nut (and not a lot of spare thread), and almost no access to the bolt itself.

40 minutes ago, GravelRash said:

Quick question for the group: what is it supposed to attach to on the drivers seat itself?

I presumed the seatbelt buckle, but that just appears to be a nut (and not a lot of spare thread), and almost no access to the bolt itself.

It bolts onto the lap belt mounts. There isn't a lot of room but I managed to bolt mine in without removing the drivers seat easily enough. You get longer bolts with the belts. 

15 hours ago, Lauren said:

It bolts onto the lap belt mounts. There isn't a lot of room but I managed to bolt mine in without removing the drivers seat easily enough. You get longer bolts with the belts. 

I'm not sure we're talking about the same bolt. It's not a bolt on my seat-buckle. It's a stud with a nut on the end.

I've tried to see if I have access under the seat itself to the back of the stud, but I don't see or feel any access, so I've left pondering if I'm supposed to just undo the nut, mount the harness ringlet and then do the nut back up, but as you can see from the photo there's very little spare thread.

It's also ridiculously tight and there's no room for a breaker down the side of the transmission tunnel.

buckle-belt.JPG

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's the right place afaik, not fitted mine yet but that's where I plan on fitting it to. The only longer bolt you get is for the rear seat belt mount I think. 

My kit arrived with 3 bolts (1 was slightly longer), 3 washers and 3 spacers of various sizes. I think it's a generic fitting kit. I used the slightly longer bolt to replace the bolt that's in door jam for the drivers seatbelt was the stock bolt had a slight taper and didn't fit snugly into the harness ringlet. For the rear mounting point I re-used the stock bolt (and a hammer and punch to bend it into shape).

I also lowered the rear-seat belt reel by un-doing the lower bolt as well. This allowed me to build the bolt assembly back up and then mount it easily. Otherwise there's not much wiggle room to re-attach 2 spacers and a metal ring washer without it all falling down in to the car. 

I also expected it to take about 30 minutes and I spent nearly 2 hours trying not the break any trim and swearing at the rear airbag trim that somehow is always in the way!

57 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Ah yes, it's a nut, rather than a bolt. From what I remember we just undid the nut and put the harness eyehole in there. There was enough thread. It's just a bit fiddly. 

It's installed. Brute force and my usual ignorance got the nut undone and then it was fairly straight-forward.

Finally getting round to installing my harness and not overly comfortable with bending the metal connecting the rear strap to the pillar. 

Is there a reason not to bolt it in between the actual seat belt reel and the bracket (using bolt in image below)? Seems a better place as its directly out towards the front seat then rather than coming down and being held in a bit by some plastic??

DSC_0041_zps25d4e2d9.jpg.b0163e5e70e8dc534e8ba78ac3f2d681.jpg

I think you would want to bolt it to the body of the car, not just to the bracket.
Instruction says you can bend it, but you wouldn't want to do it multiple times.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk