mattt

What's the least noisy droney aftermarket exhaust

Ok so this may be the lamest question ever, but what's the consensus on which aftermarket exhaust is the least noisy? Particularly for drone at motorway speeds? I'd love to hear a bit more burble from the exhaust, but it's my daily driver and I want to keep my sanity and hear my music!

I have a TD decat UEL manifold so that's obviously increased the noise a little bit but I want more... but only a teeny bit more haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

A lot of us run aftermarket exhausts on our cars which are our daily drivers. I run a resonated TD exhaust. It's loud enough, but I think it's fine on a cruise. Took it 1500 miles to Germany and back last summer. TD now do an exhaust with a bigger resonator, that'd be a bit quieter still. Why not try one of those? 

Pretty much no exhaust drones if cruising at a constant speed. Sure you'll hear it if you accelerate and more so if you accelerate hard, but with the cruise on I find mine quiet enough. I do have a decent sound system though. Road noise is far higher in my experience. 

On 7/1/2018 at 11:34 AM, Paul said:

Invidia Q300. Expensive but worth every penny. 

I second that. I have a track exhaust from Circuit Sports USA that is based on Q300, just tweaked to their spec - adds BHP, dyno proven on my  car as well.

I second that. I have a track exhaust from Circuit Sports USA that is based on Q300, just tweaked to their spec - adds BHP, dyno proven on my  car as well.
Can anyone recommend a place to source a Q300 in the UK?

13 minutes ago, mattt said:

Can anyone recommend a place to source a Q300 in the UK?

We have one in stock. Not the actual Q300, but the Circuit Sports USA one that's based on the Q300 model. I can recorded a clip of mine and let you hear it if you want. 

We have one in stock. Not the actual Q300, but the Circuit Sports USA one that's based on the Q300 model. I can recorded a clip of mine and let you hear it if you want. 
That'd be great!