cropzy

Insurance renewal time

Just wanting people's general advice on who the best insurer is to go with.

Currently with hastings however it is up for renewal. I have read Adrian Flux is one of the best.

What are peoples opinions?

Try some of the insurance traders, see how you get on. I think if you're willing to go through the hassle of phoning around you should get some decent savings. 

Definitely shop around... difference in quoted premiums for a modded car was staggering

I have Sky Insurance, but mainly because changing cover when I add mods was quite easy. 

Greenlight unfortunately does not cover London

Adrian Flux are often very competitive. Can be troublesome in the event of a claim, but tolerant of mods. Also it can sometimes be tricky to figure out exactly what terms you've agreed to when the policy documents show up. Depends on who the underwriter is. That said I think Hastings is one of the many fronts for a single company that usually saturate a market comparison site. That being so, they're a bit shady - like how I had to call them to get information about the breakdown cover I purchased with the policy and they neglected to provide any further info on.

I did quite well out of A-plan one year, but best quote this year was Direct Line. Basically it's a bit of a lottery, so I just try to avoid picking the scummiest options and get taken in by variation on compulsory excess.

10 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Yea considering we hardly move in London with an average speed of about 15mph; strange policy they have. :lol:

I assume it's all the robbers. ;)

On 6/27/2018 at 8:12 PM, cropzy said:

Just wanting people's general advice on who the best insurer is to go with.

Currently with hastings however it is up for renewal. I have read Adrian Flux is one of the best.

What are peoples opinions?

Hi.

Did you try ourselves for insurance at all in the end? If you did how did we do?

Regards,

Dan.

Im with Admiral. Less than £200 a year full comp with no voluntary excess and 0 NCB as its tied up on another car. Couldnt find cheaper.

On 10/07/2018 at 8:45 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Did you try ourselves for insurance at all in the end? If you did how did we do?

Regards,

Dan.

Tried you and you were £400 more expensive then the policy I selected.

On 10/07/2018 at 10:44 PM, Leeky said:

Im with Admiral. Less than £200 a year full comp with no voluntary excess and 0 NCB as its tied up on another car. Couldnt find cheaper.

I'm also with Admiral, no one else gets close.