Rob_86

Uel mot emissions failure friendly garage needed

Couple of questions:

@Rob_86 why didn't they re-run the test at 2400-2600rpm?  Not sure it would make enough difference to pass, but they should be following the DVSA guidance limits if it fails the first test.

@Rich any idea what's going on with your second test?  CO and HC look to have not been tested: CO is 0, and HC is 3ppm, which is probably background.  It's almost as if they didn't put the probe in the exhaust... :ph34r:

Interesting to see that both tests show CO and HC a long way outside limits.  Anyone got a printout of values from a car with a decat manifold that's passed?

19 minutes ago, spikyone said:

@Rich any idea what's going on with your second test?  CO and HC look to have not been tested: CO is 0, and HC is 3ppm, which is probably background.  It's almost as if they didn't put the probe in the exhaust... :ph34r:

Interesting to see that both tests show CO and HC a long way outside limits.  Anyone got a printout of values from a car with a decat manifold that's passed?

No idea. I doubt they fudged it, it was done at RRG Toyota not some dodgy back street. A properly working cat should give very low values on closed loop, those readings are certainly not outside the realms of possibility.

It might just show 0 if it's under the threshold for detection, which could be fairly high (given it doesn't fail until 0.2%).

Guest 86guns
On 11/06/2018 at 11:05 PM, mattt said:

Is there anyone who has had the TD NA tuning package (i.e. the manifold and tune) in isolation from other engine mods AND not passed the MOT as a direct result?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I have the full TD NA package (EL with first Cat removed) and passed MOT today 😊 

Had a similar experience with my other car last month. Just to check did you leave the car with them so it could have been turned off and not hot when tested or was it tested while you wait straight away as you turned up?

When my other car failed a half tank run through with injector cleaner, oil and filter change and an engine that had been running 30-45 minutes and it sailed through with barely any emissions second time round.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:24 PM, Rob_86 said:

I'd definetly recommend tuning developments, the tune is awesome, complete chances the car.  think I've just been unlucky as everyone else seems to pass the mot. 

Hey bro I have TD CATLESS UEL then everything else is stock. My car is 2016 Subaru BRZ 35k miles on it I use v power fuel, I have my mot at Subaru next week. Should I cancel it for somewhere else more friendly ?

Hey bro I have TD CATLESS UEL then everything else is stock. My car is 2016 Subaru BRZ 35k miles on it I use v power fuel, I have my mot at Subaru next week. Should I cancel it for somewhere else more friendly ?
Well , Subaru dealers are used to dealing with high performance Imprezas and WRX Stis and some highly modified examples. So are probably the best place to take them. It will most likely fail the first test and they will need to do a fast idle test to make it pass.

See the picture for what happened to mine when I did it.

Is it Bulldog Twyford?

20190906_145758.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

My 2017 with TD NA (EL manifold) initially failed on emissions at tickover & 2500rpm warm up - twice the limit on CO & HC.

Went for a 1 mile thrash - WOT & 7k, recommenced the test straight away & passed with negligible readings