Dicks86

Finance tubro? Or a Remap

Considering finding somewhere i can finance a turbo kit for my 86 however having not got loads of cash available also considering just a remap as i have alreadt for a cobra exhaust system.

Can anyone advise if the remap is worth it? Remember i already have a cobra exhaust and looking at drop in air fliters too.

Or if not where can i find a tubro kit that wont break the bank and be cost effect? 

Cheers

Buy this, then get the turbo kit when you can afford it. (Their turbo kit is cheaper with the TD manifold already in place)

Personally financing a turbo kit is a crazy idea (or any FI for that matter). Lets say the worst happens and the engine blows up, how are you going to afford the rebuild?

What do you want from your car, road or track? when it comes to modding it opens up a whole world of expense. If it is for the road then a remap with a manifold is a great mod as it cures the problems we have in the lower rev range and it doesn't require any more supporting mods. If you are tracking the car then remap and mani is not so important... spend your money on track days. Turbo for the road imo is a waste of time as we spend most of our drives stuck in traffic. For the track a turbo would be great but then you would need additional oil cooling, better brakes... the list goes on. If I want to feel the power then I jump on my motorbike, 0-60 in 3 seconds although I doubt that I have even got close to that, bloody fast all the same. However @rob275 has a supercharger for sale at the right money

I have a remap with a primary cat back and decat already fitted and if I was to do it again I'd only do it if I was having the headers replaced as a minimum as whilst I like the gains they are small and mapping this car isnt exactly cheap with ecutek licences on top.