Driftrocker

Maxton Designs Skirts/Splitter

Not really, I looked at both and I think Maxton side skirts look a tad better in my opinion. I’m pretty evens on the look of the front splitter. Either way, I’m looking forward to getting them fitted. 

I got the HT Auto Kit although no longer have the Front Splitter as I snapped that in half on my last Track Day !!

A word of warning if you put a Splitter on the front of the car, you will be forever hitting Pavement Kerbs, Grounded the front of the car on steep inclines and having trouble getting over speed humps in the road.

My car isn't even lowered !!

Car still looks smart with just the Side Skirts and Rear Side Splats.

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I got the HT Auto Kit although no longer have the Front Splitter as I snapped that in half on my last Track Day !!

A word of warning if you put a Splitter on the front of the car, you will be forever hitting Pavement Kerbs, Grounded the front of the car on steep inclines and having trouble getting over speed humps in the road.

My car isn't even lowered !!

My car is lowered 20mm on coilovers, my HT Autos lip does occasionally meet the tarmac over larger speed bumps but very rarely.

Steep multi-storey ramps are where the problems arise...

2 hours ago, Driftrocker said:

Happy with the splitter, looks great & I can get on & off the drive. Ready for some sunny days now. 

8AA37C73-857D-48E9-976E-F5461D203549.jpeg

Looks really good!

What is the ground clearance from the bottom of the splitter? I'd like to get one but i'm 25mm lowered so I'm a bit vary. 

Just now, SnappyChariot said:

Any drilling required or do they utilise existing holes?

You have to drill x14 holes and bolt it on, I took the bumper off as it is a world easier. You also need some sealant/adhesive to go on, I used a silicone based one so if it ever needs replacing it won't be to horrendous to get off.

left my Maxton front splitter at Croft after a TSS sprint, on the straight the downforce ripped it clean off :( so make sure it is bolted on well.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, Lucas@PartBox said:

Looks really good!

What is the ground clearance from the bottom of the splitter? I'd like to get one but i'm 25mm lowered so I'm a bit vary. 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, Lucas@PartBox said:

Looks really good!

Just over 130mm, I’d be getting worried if it was lowered. I need the clearance as it’s my day to day car. 

FC7313E4-6CF5-44BB-94B7-92C0B6F4C6A9.jpeg