Lowe

Toyota Live from Geneva - Supra is back!

That's bang on the money that is.

Am hoping it only makes 300-350bhp, then I can throw a turbo on the '86 and they're not that different. If it's 400+.....

31 minutes ago, knightryder said:

That looks like a GT86 hybrid front end, grille wise. The spy shots make the front end at least a little FT-1-ish

toyota-ft-1-concept-graphite.jpg

2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo.jpg

True it does look a lash up I take it the bottom picture is the end result?

14 hours ago, nikndel said:

True it does look a lash up I take it the bottom picture is the end result?

I've seen more recent pics but don't show the front end quite as well, the lights appear to be more like the FT-1, or more precisely like the Supra Concept. If you take the Concept's lines and apply them to the camouflaged one above you have a good idea. I wouldn't take the side spy shots as any indication as they reckon they have riveted panels on to cover the true lines.

GR-Supra-Racing-Concept-02.jpg

15 hours ago, knightryder said:

That looks like a GT86 hybrid front end, grille wise. The spy shots make the front end at least a little FT-1-ish

toyota-ft-1-concept-graphite.jpg

2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo.jpg

31 minutes ago, knightryder said:

I've seen more recent pics but don't show the front end quite as well, the lights appear to be more like the FT-1, or more precisely like the Supra Concept. If you take the Concept's lines and apply them to the camouflaged one above you have a good idea. I wouldn't take the side spy shots as any indication as they reckon they have riveted panels on to cover the true lines.

If you zoom in on the camo car you can see the panels riveted on to hide lines, under the lights, along the join line between bumper and bonnet and along the bonnet.

Thats brilliant. I now know the entire anatomy of a car that no one has seen in all its glory  :lol: the smaller engine versions are interesting, simply because i might be able to afford one.

8 hours ago, KevinA said:

So far all the info I have seen confirms......keep the 86 with Fi  :)

I had this conversation with Mark last night. I will test drive the new Supra and see what I think. It's either that or go FI on my GT, but I want to see how you get on first with your build as I may well get the same. I've got a lovely de-stressed block with 120K on it! :lol: It won't be for a year or so though.