Lowe

OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 2 - Cars, Computers & #nostormEmma - Saturday 12th May 2018

Copy pasted from here: 

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-hq-motors-meet-take-2-cars-computers-nostormemma-saturday-12th-may-2018.18813212/

Hi all,

So, as many missed out on today's meet due to the adverse weather conditions, Gibbo from OcUK has agreed to rerun the meet :D 

So what will be taking place on the day?

- The OcUK Motors Meet in the OcUK HQ car park
- Passenger rides in willing Motors member's cars (national speed limit road around the corner from OcUK)
- Show and shine - awards for the cleanest and the dirtiest cars will be available
- Autobrite are planning to bring a fully kitted out van along to demo their products and have them available for sale (@Gibbo can you confirm them to bring it again please?)

- Lunch - Pizza, drinks and lots of snacks will be available courtesy of Antec !
- Antec products on display, including yet to be released products
- Raffle giveaway with lots of Antec goodies available !
(@Ace Modder can you confirm if willing to do so again?)

- OCUK Racing Motors simulator Challenge
- Car and circuit to be decided on the day to prevent 100s of practice laps :P
- Fastest lap time wins a Noble Chair (model to be confirmed)
- Slowest lap time wins the opportunity to wash a member's wheels in the car park :D The member who sets the fastest lap gets to choose the wheels which require cleaning

- Other PC systems available on the day for attendees to play an assortment of the latest games

- OcUK Motors members who have registered on this thread can benefit from discounts on any hardware - including graphics cards on the day ! Graphics cards will only be discounted if for personal use for gaming - not mining or resale!

Hopefully these tick a few boxes for many on the OcUK Motors forum - but if you feel there is something that could be done to further enhance the day, please post something constructive.

Meet details:

Time:
Between 10:00-16:00
There is no fixed time to arrive for this meet, this is an all day meet so feel free to attend any time between 10am and 4pm, staying for as long as you like.

Overclockers UK
Newcastle-Under-Lyme
Staffordshire
ST5 9BT

Extra information from Gibbo:
Toilets: Though OcUK has rest rooms they are not for general public (insurance) as such we advise using Morrisons opposite.
Food: OcUK will supply pizza (Domino's at 12:30 - 13:30) and other snacks and beverages. Those seeking other food, morrisons opposite, fish and chips top of road, subway also, KFC and McDonalds too.
Discounts: Discounts on all hardware, anyone wanting a graphics card I will operate a strict policy of OcUK cost plus 10% margin, happy to show our cost on the day to any real potential buyer who wants a card for gaming. However as an example in the past 30 days our cost on a 1080Ti is now $120 than they were before new year and some even more, but any old stock we have the savings could be really big. But again must be for gaming.
Autobrite: I am asking if they wish to attend and show some products, but no promises.
OcUK car park: Is huge, can easily accomodate 100+ cars, however strictly no driving fast, donuts etc. We are surrounded by fast roads which you can play on.
Tour: Anyone who would like a tour of OcUK's internal operation just ask a member of staff and they shall take small groups around.

In order to help guide people who never being to OcUK HQ before I've put my paintbrush skills to hand and done a parking layout people need to follow, there shall be marshals present on the event to guide people as it is important customers have a parking area near the door for carrying goods for example.

To summarise directions to OcUK for those exiting A500 / M6 using postcode ST5 9EN or ST5 9BT will both get you to Milehouse Lane.
- Coming from North, you will pass McDonalds on your left, then a Starbucks coffee on your right, also watch out for the 40mph gatso, at roundabout 3rd exit pass subway. Coming from South you will pass a KFC on your left, then a Pizza hut and reach subway on your left. First exit!
- Reach a roundabout, on this roundabout is a Subway and Buffet Island (now closed and boarded up). Drive downhill pass subway.
- At the bottom of the road is a Morrisons, at those lights turn left for Morrisons (toilettes, snacks) or turn right for OcUK and you are then on our industrial estate, the first left DO NOT ENTER, the second left is your parking area. :)

Turn in and park in the appropiate zone.

[IMG]

I'll be more than likely showing face, if only to get a shotgun ride in the F-Type SVR again haha!

You don't have to - if you want PC hardware discount then yes. Otherwise I'll just give an indication of numbers to OcUK closer to the date. :)

Just pushing this up to the top as a reminder, it's this Saturday coming. I will be going, but probably not arriving until at least midday - leave me a space next to the 86's guys :D

Also looks like they're putting a hog roast on instead of pizza too. Winning! :)

Just now, Lowe said:

Just pushing this up to the top as a reminder, it's this Saturday coming. I will be going, but probably not arriving until at least midday - leave me a space next to the 86's guys :D

Also looks like they're putting a hog roast on instead of pizza too. Winning! :)

I'm at work but still very tempted to go, Wouldn't be able to get there till around 2 so probably not worth it :( 

2 hours ago, Deacon said:

Just wondering who is going to this and what sort of time are people aiming for? 

I'll be there Jeff, that's reason enough :P Will be aiming to get there around 9:45 probably, unless people wanna meet up somewhere beforehand.

32 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

I'll be there Jeff, that's reason enough :P Will be aiming to get there around 9:45 probably, unless people wanna meet up somewhere beforehand.

I don't think I'll be able to make it until about 12 Ross, you still be around? 

Just now, Deacon said:

I don't think I'll be able to make it until about 12 Ross, you still be around? 

Yeah I'd have thought so mate, nothing else to do tomorrow, so I'll be hanging around as long as there's something to look at/talk about/buy :)