Sign in to follow this  
Deanusrjm

Warning - Bad experience with ChemicalguysUK.com

Avoid ordering from this website. I’ve had a dreadful experience with them. I was fooled by the branding and should have read the trust pilot reviews first.

I ordered some CG kit in preparation for the arrival of my 86. Unfortunately it didn’t arrive so after a week I chased them, tried calling, nothing... sent a couple of emails and eventually got a reply saying there had been a bereavement so they were a bit behind and more order would be shipped that day. Obviously I was understanding of that situation. Later on that day I got an email from confirming that my order has shipped.

A few more days passed and nothing so I used the tracking link on the email and no tracking info. I emailed them a couple of times asking for tracking info.

After another full week they call me and apologise with some excuse about being down to one person and really sorry but would ship my order that day. He didn’t actually have the grit guards i ordered but had the same ones in a different colour. Fine I just wanted my order.

Then he rings me the following day saying that the order had come back as the buckets had broken in transit, someone had put a box on top of them! Very apologetic would throw in something extra for the delay.

Another week passes and finally get my delivery >3weeks (and 3 car washes) after ordering. How disappointed I was to find 2 generic white pails with Chemical guy stickers on the front. The wrong wash mitt (a cheaper CG one) and the wrong applicator pads.

I checked the website for the returns policy and it wasn’t given. After numerous emails he still won’t give me returns details.

The buckets clearly aren’t genuine and far too wide for the genuine grit guards to work properly.

When I said that the other bits in the order were incorrect he said he sent me the different applicators as a goodwill gesture! Unbelievable! I just wanted the stuff I’d ordered. He still keeps on ignoring my request for returns policy and says the buckets are good quality. He says he’ll send me the correct wash pad and applicator but I’m a bit past it now and have no faith that he’ll actually send them.

I’m pretty gutted to be honest.

I paid through PayPal so hopefully I can get some money back.

Thought I’d share as it looks like he has been doing this to many others looking at the trust pilot reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of your predicament mate. I have used Chemical guys gear before but never ordered from them direct, I must admit I do not rate their gear that highly, there is alot of hype to them.

Where are you based? is it near midlands? I use Shopnshine.co.uk for my stuff and I go straight to their depot. Very good customer service and you can get a detailing world discount DW75 I think it's 7.5% off.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Avoid ordering from this website. I’ve had a dreadful experience with them. I was fooled by the branding and should have read the trust pilot reviews first.

I ordered some CG kit in preparation for the arrival of my 86. Unfortunately it didn’t arrive so after a week I chased them, tried calling, nothing... sent a couple of emails and eventually got a reply saying there had been a bereavement so they were a bit behind and more order would be shipped that day. Obviously I was understanding of that situation. Later on that day I got an email from confirming that my order has shipped.

A few more days passed and nothing so I used the tracking link on the email and no tracking info. I emailed them a couple of times asking for tracking info.

After another full week they call me and apologise with some excuse about being down to one person and really sorry but would ship my order that day. He didn’t actually have the grit guards i ordered but had the same ones in a different colour. Fine I just wanted my order.

Then he rings me the following day saying that the order had come back as the buckets had broken in transit, someone had put a box on top of them! Very apologetic would throw in something extra for the delay.

Another week passes and finally get my delivery >3weeks (and 3 car washes) after ordering. How disappointed I was to find 2 generic white pails with Chemical guy stickers on the front. The wrong wash mitt (a cheaper CG one) and the wrong applicator pads.

I checked the website for the returns policy and it wasn’t given. After numerous emails he still won’t give me returns details.

The buckets clearly aren’t genuine and far too wide for the genuine grit guards to work properly.

When I said that the other bits in the order were incorrect he said he sent me the different applicators as a goodwill gesture! Unbelievable! I just wanted the stuff I’d ordered. He still keeps on ignoring my request for returns policy and says the buckets are good quality. He says he’ll send me the correct wash pad and applicator but I’m a bit past it now and have no faith that he’ll actually send them.

I’m pretty gutted to be honest.

I paid through PayPal so hopefully I can get some money back.

Thought I’d share as it looks like he has been doing this to many others looking at the trust pilot reviews.

With paypal you can get your money back, ring paypal up

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I really like some of their products (like butter wet wax) but I just buy it through Amazon. I did buy some stuff from them years ago which was all good but I'd heard they can be a bit ropey now. Shame. 

Chemical Guys are a US company, so I presume it is a reseller you purchased from using the name Chemical Guys (probably by their say so i'd imagine) it may be worth contacting Chemical Guys (the actual chemical guys) to let them know that their UK distributor about this. It's not on and tarnishes what is otherwise quite a reputable brand of cleaning products. I've not used them for years but the products used to be great. 

I really like the CG stuff it is great. This company has no affiliation and is just a reseller. All I wanted was the stuff I ordered delivered within a few days. Instead I have a heap of hassle. I thought it was worth warning some like minded detailing fans.

I ordered some stuff from Slims in Enfield they have good reviews!

I can highly recommend Chemical Guys afterwash spray. It makes the paint super glossy!