MartinT

Your Fuel Economy?

On my mostly motorway commute of 60 miles per day I'm getting pretty much exactly 36mpg.  This is with the ECUTeK map in mode 1 using Shell V-Power unleaded.  About a third of the journey is on cruise control through the speed checked section of the M3.

When I'm having fun on country roads, it comes down somewhat!

I'm wondering what others are seeing?

Only had my car a little over a week. I am getting about 37mpg on my commute, this is with some motorway, some a road and some sitting in traffic due to roadworks :(

Mine is a 2016 Aero so I think it is supposed to be a bit worse than the non Aero cars due to the drag caused by the rear wing :)

Oh and I have only used V Power so far. 

On the way back from picking it up I averaged over 44mpg. This was because there was not much traffic so I had a clear run on a, b and m roads. 

Just over 35 mpg at the pumps, the ECU has a rosier view of about 38 mpg. I managed 42 mpg at the pump on a long haul to and from Scotland.

I think one could achieve 44, but probably not more than that unless hypermiling. My car is unmodified.

Totally depends how you drive and how fast. At an indicated 60-65 I get 40-45mpg on the M6 - generally can't go much quicker on my commute which is about 35 miles each way. If I slipstream lorries on cruise on the inside lane I can crack 50mpg. 

WJgKEJf.jpg

6 minutes ago, Andrew Smith said:

do you all reset the computer every trip? I have never reset mine and it reads 31mpg and that includes one and a half track days

I do everytime I fill up. It's normally somewhere between 32-35mpg. On a bit Euro trip of 2.5K miles round the Alps and back I averaged 37mpg. It's worse if I'm just driving around town though, will see about 30mpg, but given my commute has 10 miles of motorway that puts it up a bit to around 33mpg or so. But I do a lot of short journeys for work so I'm always starting up from cold driving a mile and a half then stopping again. It doesn't help it really.

14 hours ago, Gary p said:

26 ish about 18 with lead foot😂😂 iam FI though, running only she’ll Vpower . If  motorway driving  usually around 35 -40

When I upgraded my CR-Z to FI with a supercharger (and remapped the ECU), my economy improved from about 38mpg to 43mpg.  FI often makes the engine more efficient and economical as long as all that extra power is not used all of the time.

2 hours ago, MartinT said:

When I upgraded my CR-Z to FI with a supercharger (and remapped the ECU), my economy improved from about 38mpg to 43mpg.  FI often makes the engine more efficient and economical as long as all that extra power is not used all of the time.

This can be very true if you take your time as I have noticed. But the little devil in keeps wanting to hear the dump valve😂😂