Sign in to follow this  
Lowe

Fixing the centre box lid

So earlier today on parking up I went to get my phone out of the centre box. As I opened the lid it came off in my hand. Luckily it seems to be a fairly simple fix, so I thought I'd share in case it happens to anyone else. There's two pins which act as the hinge, and in my case one had come off and fallen inside the lid itself.

n3BOMYx.jpg

Right hand side has the hinge pin in place. Left one is missing.

AkKjv6J.jpg

Turn the lid upside down. You'll see 6 screw caps - use a flat bladed screw driver or similar to pop these off. Under neath you'll find allen bolts holding the lid together.

VA3IG2w.jpg

Undo them all and hopefully you'll find the lost pin inside.

FY3eZMX.jpg

The pin itself is split, so it expands along its length and holds itself in place. Put it back in so that the expanded end is inside the lid.

Sja4P16.jpg

5Suz3DO.jpg

Put the lid back in the car and then reassemble. Easy :)

I will add that if you don't want this problem to manifest itself again glue the pin in, then you aren't just relying on a press fit.

I had the same issue, for those who do this don't go mad with pushing the pin back in either, being tapered and made of metal it will split the plastic case of the arm rest! I just noticed mine had a crack in it before I went any further. Superglue works just fine.