Nails

Calling Aero Owners

I am very fussy about bodywork, having had my Aero a few days and been over it with a fine tooth comb, I have noticed that the adhesive between the rear bumper and the Aero valance (see arrow in picture) is coming away slightly. You won't be able to see it in the picture. The only way you notice it is if you are looking down on it, for example, when you are opening the boot. It is relatively minor, it's not like it's hanging off or anything but ideally I would like it sorted. 

Has anyone else had this issue with their Aero? 

valance.jpg

1 hour ago, infernouk said:

yep my black 2016 aero rear bumper pulls away on one side a bit as if its warped, not really a big issue, just triggers my OCD 

Thanks for the reply, glad mine is not the only one then. Yes, I too have OCD when it comes to stuff like that. I might take it to the local Toyota to see what they say but I don't want them mucking with it and making it worse. 

9 minutes ago, Nails said:

Thanks for the reply, glad mine is not the only one then. Yes, I too have OCD when it comes to stuff like that. I might take it to the local Toyota to see what they say but I don't want them mucking with it and making it worse. 

actually i did the same and they did make it worse, id take it to a professional body shop if you want it resolved, toyota just suck loads of tape behind it and its peeled back again already, a reason why my car will never go back to a toyota dealer 

1 hour ago, infernouk said:

actually i did the same and they did make it worse, id take it to a professional body shop if you want it resolved, toyota just suck loads of tape behind it and its peeled back again already, a reason why my car will never go back to a toyota dealer 

Ergh, thanks for the heads up. The only thing I would say is that every Toyota dealer is different as there are so many different franchises. If I do take it in I will ask them exactly what they plan to do before handing the car over. 

I have a black 2015 Aero and the top of the O/S rear bumper side pod, just at the point where it was supposed to be stuck to the mock carbon fibre rear apron, has always looked like it has pulled away (all 10mm of it!!!). I’ve had the car from new and was worried that any attempt to repair it could possibly end up with it looking worse. OCD must be a trait for Aero owners but I resisted the temptation to get it sorted and, to my surprise, it hasn’t got any worse over the years. I’ve learned to live with it now and still love the car after nearly 3 years of ownership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok well as there are a few of us with the issue I will leave it as it is for the moment I think. If it gets worse I might take it to a body shop to see what they say, but I certainly don't want the risk of making it worse. 

Has anyone had a problems with the lacquer peeling off the stock black alloys fitted to Aeros (those that superseded the OZ wheels on earlier models)? I have 3 out of 4 that are showing varying degrees of peeling. It starts as a small white spot and gradually becomes a blister. They have never been cleaned with any chemical product and have not been damaged by kerbing etc. Just appear to be delaminating in random areas! Will be visiting my local dealership but just wondered whether this was an issue that anyone else had suffered. My car is probably one of the first that was fitted with the replacement wheels; would have preferred the OZ ones!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wild guesses. #1 Road salt? #2 overheated pad dust baking in/damaging paint? #3 some washing pace that unknown to you DID use some car chemicals to clean wheels?

15 hours ago, Hillie said:

Has anyone had a problems with the lacquer peeling off the stock black alloys fitted to Aeros (those that superseded the OZ wheels on earlier models)? I have 3 out of 4 that are showing varying degrees of peeling. It starts as a small white spot and gradually becomes a blister. They have never been cleaned with any chemical product and have not been damaged by kerbing etc. Just appear to be delaminating in random areas! Will be visiting my local dealership but just wondered whether this was an issue that anyone else had suffered. My car is probably one of the first that was fitted with the replacement wheels; would have preferred the OZ ones!

Not that I have noticed on mine, the main thing I don't like about these wheels is cleaning them as they are quite fiddly! See what Toyota say, hopefully they will just refurb them under warranty. 

Took it to my main dealership today and the took photos to forward to Toyota's warantee department. Fingers crossed they'll come back with a satisfactory answer. Here are some photos of the worst affected wheel.2690e2780e36c57116eaf20917ba998c.jpgb3a47cbd45408dbd525f61c181f63752.jpg

On 5/4/2018 at 6:00 PM, Hillie said:

Took it to my main dealership today and the took photos to forward to Toyota's warantee department. Fingers crossed they'll come back with a satisfactory answer. Here are some photos of the worst affected wheel.2690e2780e36c57116eaf20917ba998c.jpgb3a47cbd45408dbd525f61c181f63752.jpg

i had this after the bad winter we had beast from the east part 3 etc,went to my local dealership and they offered a refurb,was only on one wheel funny enough,the rest were fine.

Mine were peeling pretty bad and had no issues having them replaced under warranty.   However, they are peeling again, but I'm just going to refurb them.

Thanks for all the feedback. Toyota has agreed to replace all 3 affected wheels under warranty. However, it's not good to hear that replacement wheels have developed the same problem at a later date! Sorry for the late update but I've been away.

I realise I’m late here but does anyone know if this comes under the 3 year paint warranty or the general 5 year? Mine have suddenly peeled really badly on 3 wheels but I’m too late If it’s only covered for 3 years. Cheers 

Took delivery of my Aero on 30 June 2015 and Toyota agreed to replace 3 under warranty in July 2018; so just outside 3 years. Assume it was covered under the standard 5 year warranty.