sam534

Oil and coolant temps

I normally back off at around 130C oil temp, but as Lauren says, it does stabilise to some extent around that temperature.

I'm looking to fit a Laminova oil to water cooler this year; hopefully I'll have proper car working space soon. :)

I normally back off at around 130C oil temp, but as Lauren says, it does stabilise to some extent around that temperature.
I'm looking to fit a Laminova oil to water cooler this year; hopefully I'll have proper car working space soon.
I saw a video of someone fitting one of those, I'd be interested to hear exactly how much difference this makes! Certainly easier on the fitting front, and would also warm the oil quicker.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Dependent from oil viscosity and rpms. There might be some pressure loss with oil cooler rads installed though. Unfortunately don't have numbers at hand and too lazy to websearch myself :)

Near redline/at high rpms pressure starts falling off (btw, one of limits to rise of max rpms too high, not just something like cams/camsprings, as at some rpm point pressure gets insufficient, thus oil starvation, thus increased wear/failure chance). IIRC oil of higher viscosity can add pressure to some extent (at expense of worse working at cold temps IIRC).