Guest 86guns

Bluetooth control of music selection

Guest 86guns

I’ve recently fitted a centre armrest so I’ve changed my iPhone music connection from USB to Bluetooth. I’ve found that there appears to be no way of changing albums on the touchscreen via Bluetooth whereas all of my album listings were available when connected via USB. 

To change albums, I have to use the iPhone which is obviously not ideal. 

Am I missing something?

why does fitting an armrest change the need to change connection from usb to bluetooth? there should be a cable passthrough to stop it getting trapped and squished if that was the reason?

Guest 86guns
2 minutes ago, Tareim said:

why does fitting an armrest change the need to change connection from usb to bluetooth? there should be a cable passthrough to stop it getting trapped and squished if that was the reason?

There’s no cable pass through in my armrest that I can see.

Good question.. I've noticed that when I'm on Bluetooth I don't see album covers, but everything I need is OK. (I put my iphone on shuffle or just select a Playlist)

USB is a bit laggy for me sometimes so I prefer Bluetooth

Guest 86guns
40 minutes ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Good question.. I've noticed that when I'm on Bluetooth I don't see album covers, but everything I need is OK. (I put my iphone on shuffle or just select a Playlist)

USB is a bit laggy for me sometimes so I prefer Bluetooth

Yes you’re correct, I forgot to mention that there’s no album art either.

2 hours ago, 86guns said:

There’s no cable pass through in my armrest that I can see.

The front edge of the lid (if it's the Toyota armrest) should have a small indent in it which is designed to allow a cable through without squashing it.

Guest 86guns
17 hours ago, Philip said:

The front edge of the lid (if it's the Toyota armrest) should have a small indent in it which is designed to allow a cable through without squashing it.

Well bless my cotton socks how did I miss that! Not the best positioned indent if you’re into tucking wires out of the way but it’ll do.

Many thanks.

BTW, if one uses Brodit cellphone holders (on twins those are placed next to audio headunit), then it's shorter/less wiring clutter to run wire to 12V socket in glovebox then all the way to armrest covered centre console's socket with untidy sticking wire near shift gear.

It also drives me nuts that the bluetooth music source option automatically tries to play whatever media was last on your phone. Doesn't matter what it was... youtube, the custom ringtone you loaded on. There's some not-quite-joined-up thinking in this department, especially with Google music. The app won't auto-start.

Between that and my phone going mental when connected by USB, I have a frustrating music experience :unsure:

Guest 86guns
1 hour ago, Church said:

BTW, if one uses Brodit cellphone holders (on twins those are placed next to audio headunit), then it's shorter/less wiring clutter to run wire to 12V socket in glovebox then all the way to armrest covered centre console's socket with untidy sticking wire near shift gear.

Maybe so, but personally I can’t do with phones or other gadgets all over the dash. 

Guest 86guns
1 hour ago, nerdstrike said:

It also drives me nuts that the bluetooth music source option automatically tries to play whatever media was last on your phone. Doesn't matter what it was... youtube, the custom ringtone you loaded on. There's some not-quite-joined-up thinking in this department, especially with Google music. The app won't auto-start.

Between that and my phone going mental when connected by USB, I have a frustrating music experience :unsure:

It’s the same with 🍎 Music. Even more baffling is that in the car, it tries to play the last song it played via the car Bluetooth even if you’ve played something else via a different Bluetooth in the meantime.