LuckyLukeT

Eyup from Yorkshire!

Hello all!

Got my 63 Plate GT86 D4-S in July after wanting one for a few years now. This year was the year for me and I couldn't be happier! Absolutely love it! Joined the owner's forums and the facebook group, but I've decided to come along to the drivers club now too :P 

I'm from Yorkshire, Sheffield to be precise. I've seen a few fellow 86's around Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Wakefield, unsure whether they're on here or not but nevertheless, it's great to see such a welcome community for such an awesome car! Be great to meet up with a few people either on track days or meetups!

I look forward to keeping the car relatively clean, with minor mods apart from the plans to go boosted next year ;) 

So far I've put on some Rota Grid Drifts 18x8.5's (Volk TE37 wannabes) with Yokos ASV105's (225x40), then more recently I've put new slightly smaller Number plates on and braided brake lines as well as painted the callipers red for them extra horses ;) 

Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I generally post regular updates on the car there: luke86tomlinson

Here she is:

BiTv3AZ.jpg

mRauYb3.jpg

1gDOXor.jpg

Hi mate, welcome to the club. Thought I recognised the car, I follow you on Instagram already - I’m on there as @rich.darling.photo 😊 Car is looking great, any more plans for her?

Rich

1 hour ago, Andrew Smith said:

Bloody hell, I thought that was my old write off for one moment, reg is so close.

Welcome

Haha! Scared me for a moment then as well! Blimey, couldn't get much closer!

33 minutes ago, Nimz said:

Hi mate, welcome to the club. Thought I recognised the car, I follow you on Instagram already - I’m on there as @rich.darling.photo 😊 Car is looking great, any more plans for her?

Rich

Ah yes! Likewise, love the look of your 86, you take some fantastic shots of it!

The plans are likely to never end hehe, only thing that will stop me is budget :P

For now, I'm trying to prep it for a trip to the ring in May next year (Service, brake lines, Coilovers etc), I'd love to take it to a track day as it is to get a feel for the differences the mods I do make.

I'm currently looking at a Cobra catback exhaust system and a front pipe 2nd-cat delete to boost the noise a little and maybe a Takeda cold air intake system for now (since that seems to be one of few that actually provide performance benefits over the pretty decent stock intake). Get some handling mods done such as some Tein Flex A Coilovers, whiteline bushings and mounts for the diff and gearbox to help with the gear changes on 2nd and 4th, maybe for the arbs too. And the goal is some point late next year is to look at either TD's Garret Turbo kit or Fensports Avo turbo kit to get to about 270-310bhp, K-sport brakes are also worth a mention haha.

Not to mention the small cosmetic things I plan on doing to it. It is my daily so I want reliability and nice looks haha, so the weight reduction will be subtle, maybe carbon a few bits and change the rear wing up a bit :)

Endless plans! haha

13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard, Luke. Hope you find it useful here. :)

Your car is looking good, are you dying to lower it? 

Thanks!

Damn straight! Needs a good few mill taken off it to make the wheels a little less exposed :P