sam534

Best sounding bolt on exhaust

Curious to what your options are, replaced the front pipe with a blitz decat which was good but not loud enough.

So sticking with a stock manifold what's the best front pipe and cat back set-up that gives a good volume but in check so doesn't annoy neighbours with cold start-up and without being raspy in your opinion. 

I am swaying towards a res cobra cat back in addition to my front pipe at the moment.

Or a louder cat back with a res front pipe.

Vids would be great.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Ade said:

@jevvy has an Invidia N1 cat back for sale. He said it was great for waking up his brother in the mornings. 

No that’s the tomei  the n1 is gone sadly  however the tomei is similar, single exit with a blanking plate and loud, if you have a decat manifold it will probably be too loud but other than that it’s lovely on my car atm with full stock setup so you could view before buying asking 550 for the exhaust and blanking plate which is what I paid used can post also. I bought it used and have used it for a good few months but it’s in perfect working order and made of titanium. Also has a bung that almost completely removes drone but it still sounds good in the higher revs if you have a nan you ferry about or go for long drives 

That's a single exit pipe isn't it? I did want twin pipes, how raspy was it? Any other exhaust mods on at the time?

Edit: the tomei that is.

11 minutes ago, sam534 said:

That's a single exit pipe isn't it? I did want twin pipes, how raspy was it? Any other exhaust mods on at the time?

I had it with a decat manifold and full 3 inch op and fp it screamed in the high revs and set off every car alarm but with a stock manifold it’s much less raspy and if you need to you can use the bung. if you have a stock manifold it won’t sound massively different with the fp changed I’m in Leicester if you’re local you can come and listen. Or I could make a vid and WhatsApp you dunno how to record loud exhaust sounds accurately tho or I could have my gf snap you a 0-80 squirt with the windows down 😂😂 

I don’t mind meeting halfway I’ll pm you my number and I can’t promise i won’t make a sales pitch for all my other bits while I’m there

Not flush with money so I'm promising a sale of any kind

Look at tuning developments res cat back. Some clips on there for sale thread and sounds good but not overly intrusive. It can go louder if you had their manifold and a remap but again not to bad overall. Just with catback I drove all over Europe and the exhaust was never intrusive but gives off a nicer sound than stock. Also a decent price.

Look at tuning developments res cat back. Some clips on there for sale thread and sounds good but not overly intrusive. It can go louder if you had their manifold and a remap but again not to bad overall. Just with catback I drove all over Europe and the exhaust was never intrusive but gives off a nicer sound than stock. Also a decent price.

That's great, I'll have a look at theirs as well.

I have this system mani and res catback and Im in Nottingham so I don't mind you coming for a listen drive etc .....

Is that the tuning developments? The mani changes the sound alot and I'm in no financial position to change that right now, so not sure how representative it would be, but I would love to have a listen.

Yeah I have TD's manifold downpipe and res catback. The manifold has made it louder than just having the res cat back but the tone of the exhaust etc is the same. Just pm me if you want to have a listen and im sure we can arrange something.

Yeah I have TD's manifold downpipe and res catback. The manifold has made it louder than just having the res cat back but the tone of the exhaust etc is the same. Just pm me if you want to have a listen and im sure we can arrange something.

Appreciate that mate.

the invidia n1 is a pretty cheap exhaust i think its about 700 new and sounds similar to the tomei but duel exit and 2.5" so is a bit more tame but  also has bungs to make it quieter. The chap i sold mine too loves it. For now id look at youtube vids for each exhaust on stock cars as that will give you the best idea of sound

Oh also Sam if you have sleepy neighbors google or make a post asking if there’s any way to remove the cold start retard I had it mapped out but you might be able to do it with an odb dongle or something or it might be a map only thing but it makes a world of difference to starting you Car in the morning 

Oh also Sam if you have sleepy neighbors google or make a post asking if there’s any way to remove the cold start retard I had it mapped out but you might be able to do it with an odb dongle or something or it might be a map only thing but it makes a world of difference to starting you Car in the morning 

To be fair i won't be starting it everyday as I walk to work, but I just don't like being antisocial haha.

Well, with the new tarmac sport finance offer, suddenly the invidious n1 is looking very tempting, especially as it has the bungs for anti social hours

45 minutes ago, sam534 said:

Thanks for the info gents, gary I may take you up on that, would love to feel the difference of the turbo as well

Your more than welcome too! Let me know at anytime if you want to meet👍

11 hours ago, sam534 said:

Thanks for the info gents, gary I may take you up on that, would love to feel the difference of the turbo as well

Just know that once that door closes and Gary takes off you’re going to be 5 ish grand lighter at some point 😂😂😂