Ch1L5t3R

Waterless Cleaners Review

Hey all o/

Just a quick post in case anyone was having the same thought process as me. Basically i have the issue that i live in a top floor flat, so i have no access to a hose pipe, and although i could wash my car with the ol' bucket and sponge, this would still mean i have to fill a bucket of water from my flat and walk down 3 sets of stairs carefully with it, and then have to keep going up to get fresh water xD

As that isn't practical for me i tend to use these hand car washes that are all over the place. But now i have a car worth looking after i am reluctant to take my GT86 to one of these hand car washes in case of scratches etc.

So that's when i stumbled across Waterless Cleaning products. I was really hesitant to try these as i was doubtful they would work, but i decided i would try some and i was very wrong!

I'm sure most people already know about these products or can make a educated guess over what they do, but essentially just spray on the cleaning product onto the car even when bone dry, wipe it off with a microfiber towel and then buff it with another one and you get a perfectly clean and shiny car :)

This sort of product is perfect for me because where i have to park for work i am constantly getting bird poop on my car so rather than having to take my car to the car wash once per week thanks to the poop i can just clean it off super quick and easy when it happens, and generally clean my car myself hassle free :D

Thought it may be helpful to post this in case anyone had been looking for a similar solution or wasn't sure if these products actually worked well :) i can confirm it doesn't scratch your car, it does only take 2 mins per panel to clean, and it really does clean off mud/dirt/dust and leave it showroom clean :D 

Here is the link to the product i used, but there appears to be a lot out there :) 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IF9VGNC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I forgot to take photos this morning as i'm at work now, But i'll update the thread with some photos of before and after if anyone is interested to see the results :)

I'd be very hesitant to use something like that on a dirty car, if it's mostly clean then I don't really see the issue but if you're using a microfibre to wipe dirt off, any sort of pressure and you'll probably scratch the paint.

I properly wash my car once a month, and then I just use a quick detailer once a week, just to give it that little extra layer & shine. I use a quick detailer every week when it's dirty, it comes off really easy if you apply it after you wash your car properly.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd be very hesitant to use something like that on a dirty car, if it's mostly clean then I don't really see the issue but if you're using a microfibre to wipe dirt off, any sort of pressure and you'll probably scratch the paint.

See thats what i was worried about to but it really doesn't. I tested it today on some dry light mud and was no issues at all, i didn't have to use any pressure because the cleaning fluid lifts it off so you don't need to use the pressure :) But don't get me wrong, if my car was ever caped in thick mud, i will take it to a proper car wash. But for day to day washing of light dirt, bird poop, water marks and light mud this stuff is perfect :)

12 minutes ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

I properly wash my car once a month, and then I just use a quick detailer once a week, just to give it that little extra layer & shine. I use a quick detailer every week when it's dirty, it comes off really easy if you apply it after you wash your car properly.

Yeah obviously if i was able to wash my car properly without so much effort i have with my flat i would. But this is a great alternative :) 

1 minute ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

@Ch1L5t3R Like I said, using the quick detailer weekly is fine, but if your car gets REALLY dirty, i'd just go to Tesco or Asda where you can do it yourself with a pressure washer :) 

Yeah thats the plan :D Hate my car being dirty xD