thetyrant

Cosworth Supercharger Kit - SOLD

SOLD :P

Hi,

Ok now removed and for sale is my Cosworth Supercharger kit, only removed as ive got another car project im pondering over and selling this kit would allow me to fund new project and keep the 86 in N/A form to have some fun with as well.

These kits have got to be thebest engineered solution for forced induction on these cars giving them the much needed power/torque increase, with oem like fitment and quality  :D

Price wise September Sale price is £3500 including personal delivery within mainland UK, this is for everything and you would just need to fit it all and then tune it with ecutek etc, i can supply the Cosworth Ecutek tune as it was running on my car to get you started but ideally you will ideally need to tweak to your car and if going Ecutek will need to buy a license.

RRP to buy these new is getting on £6000 so its a good saving for a very high quality setup..., its covered around 10k miles since fitted by Fensport but will check details on that, i know  4k of that ive done since i bought car with it fitted.

Drop me a PM if of interest :)

Im located in Cumbria @ J40 on M6 if you wanted to collect :_

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Cheers

Ian

Pic below of all its loveliness fitted on my car.

charger1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

F*** it.

If I hadn't spent all that money getting the car repaired I'd have ripped your arm off.

Don't say that, you're reducing my chance of negotiating some cash off the price  :D

(edit: I can't afford it really, unless someone wants to buy a complete exhaust kit or suddenly everyone wants photos this weekend for the full season)

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

F*** it.

If I hadn't spent all that money getting the car repaired I'd have ripped your arm off.

Thats what bank loans are for haha.....lovely low interest rates these days :D

Ian

@TTR I think if you were to twin charge, cosworth is the kit to use due to the cooling capacity. You would certainly want a very low compression build too. However, to have a functioning, track ready, twin charged 86 would be a world first right? 

2 minutes ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

@TTR I think if you were to twin charge, cosworth is the kit to use due to the cooling capacity. You would certainly want a very low compression build too. However, to have a functioning, track ready, twin charged 86 would be a world first right? 

There's a few twincharged ones floating around in the US and Australia I believe.

Twin charging while a nice idea is a whole lot of money and effort thats not really needed for most, to make it work right takes a lot of time and very deep pockets as many have found out and that car on above link didnt work out so well i believe.

This cosworth charger made approx 280hp/210ftbs when it had freeflow manifold and exhaust system which i thought that was plenty for amount of grip these cars have without spoiling the excellent chassis balance ....currently its running around 250hp due to me moving back to stock exhaust for noise reasons and its still motors on nicely,  sure it would be nice to fit the smaller stage3 pulley and shoot for 350hp but that really needs a built engine for safety and some better tyres to cope,  but im sure that would be immense!

Ian

46 minutes ago, thetyrant said:

Twin charging while a nice idea is a whole lot of money and effort thats not really needed for most, to make it work right takes a lot of time and very deep pockets as many have found out and that car on above link didnt work out so well i believe.

Exactly - I heard the one in that vid blew up. And Perrin had built a really cool twin charge set up (on a FA20DIT WRX) using the Harrop supercharger, water/meth,  and the car's stock turbo, which was running over 30psi, but I heard nothing more about it.

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

There's a few twincharged ones floating around in the US and Australia I believe.

They were kinda shit though 

4 hours ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

Nope. There's a few out there. Australia did the first. MRT performance in aus done a AVO sprintex set up. But tbh I personally don't see a point on twin blowing a fa20. There are some decent s.c kits out there and turbo kits that will get you power. 

Anyhows back on topic, lovely kit this and if you wanted to use it to make a twin charged setup im sure it would be good, however for meer mortals its mighty impressive on its own  :D

Ian

54 minutes ago, shiftspark said:

No way ! Starting to think selling mine was a mistake and all these must have parts come up for sale :-( I will have to delete my account :-( :-(

I could always sell you car with it still fitted :)

Back from a long haul to Anglesey and back at weekend and car was spot on, still in two minds what to do so if your interested in one of these Cosworth Kits get in touch :D

Ian