Lucas

TOMEI Gear knobs - NEW Product

New TOMEI shift knobs have been announced, they are super light and quite sleek! 

b372c932-1a2a-47ef-b9a3-df2cd72a6847.jpg1a8602d2-8e36-4506-a086-49bf25cf1611.jpg

I haven't got the exact prices yet, but they will be something between £20 and £30

Price: £36 Delivered

Let me know if you want one, I will start placing orders. 

ETA: end of September 2017 (they're only putting them into production now)

PDF with full details: http://www.tomeipowered.com/nri_data/nri314/314-e.pdf

3 minutes ago, Varelco said:

£20 Or  £30? blimey something on this car which is actually reasonably priced.

I might have to try one. I prefer a lighter knob over a heavier one.

I was thinking the same, I might try it myself actually. I find it hard to replace the stock one though, but it shouldn't be that bad since it's really short. I wanted to get a TRD one, but £90 for a gear knob is too much:D

I had a Raceseng gear knob and I paid a ridiculous amount for that... it was beautiful and very heavy but I didn't like the way it made the shifts feel (very numb).

So is it only the S and SS available from our cars judging from the pdf?

On 09/08/2017 at 10:59 AM, Varelco said:

I had a Raceseng gear knob and I paid a ridiculous amount for that... it was beautiful and very heavy but I didn't like the way it made the shifts feel (very numb).

So is it only the S and SS available from our cars judging from the pdf?

Correct. M12x1.25 

Do you want one? 

@Lowe lovely, I'll sort it out Monday when I'm at work. I ordered myself an SS.

@GT86JP S or SS? if you really care about retaining the short shift feeling go for SS 

On 8/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, Nelix said:

So, what is the actual price posted, for the SS?

@GT86JP @Lowe @Varelco

I got the prices today, and with delivery & discount you're looking at £36. I already ordered one for mine, I held the S type and it's so light it's insane, but it was a bit too long for me so the SS will be ideal, and even lighter :Dcan't wait!

5A42DD27-6844-4BE0-A50E-DC5675639104.JPG

6 minutes ago, zhuonanli said:

Torn between the S and the SS

If you want to retain the short-shift feeling of the standard knob, SS is the way to go,

3 minutes ago, Nelix said:

Is there any advantage to the SS over the stock knob? Mine is in perfect condition so would only change if there was a positive reason to do so.

It's just how it feels really. If you prefer the feel of stainless steel over leather, then that's it really. 

These are duracon, it's more like a very dense and smooth plastic/resin than metal - I had one on my 350z, very lightweight and nice to hold. Bonus of the material is that it doesn't get super hot or cold like metal gear knobs do - also noticed quite a few people on here seem to dislike the feel of the stitching on the standard knob so you won't have that too.

Mine's starting to show a little bit of wear, the silver on the top is beginning to fade to the plastic underneath. Better to nip it in the bud now I reckon.

@Nimz @Lowe @rob275 @zhuonanli @Varelco 

I spoke to supplier this morning, and they confirmed the ETA - end of September

Send me a message with your details, if you are interested in either S or SS and I'll place an order for you, as we won't keep those in stock. 

The price is £36 delivered.