Paul

Dashcam cable hiding

On 21/02/2018 at 6:21 PM, benmmellor said:

wiring is nicely tucked away on mine what I want to do next is look at using a hardwire kit to the fusebox so that they can be powered when parked up. At the moment they are in an adapter in the glovebox lighter socket.

Some kits have an 'add a fuse', others have a bare wire you wrap to a fuse leg...

Next question would be what fuses to use for ACC and Permanent live...

Got one last week , halfords hard wiring next Saturday. 😊 was seeking opinions of whach is best, hard wired or 12v.🤔

57 minutes ago, Angelina said:

Got one last week , halfords hard wiring next Saturday. 😊 was seeking opinions of whach is best, hard wired or 12v.🤔

I ended up getting a Blackvue hardwire kit with a cigarette lighter socket end. Will splice this into the radio iso loom when i change the head unit. Got a 2nd dashcam to put in rear window and have protection of recording whilst parked up!

ok so had a bit of free time to swap out my failed BlackVue power pro for the Viofo one.. spliced it onto the Toyota to ISO loom adapter for now as that has the 3 feeds needed (perm live, acc live and earth).

I've also plumped for a Viofo A129S Duo kit so will be swapping that for the current Viofo WR1. I did thin about putting another WR1 in the rear screen but the A129 is based on the well respected A119S and is still small/discrete enough and has a parking mode. Wish i'd fitted it a couple of months ago to catch the dickhead who scuffed my rear bumper in a hotel car partk!

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, nerdstrike said:

Is there any chance of being garrotted by the dashcam wires if the airbags trigger?

This is the one thing I was thinking with tucking the wires up the A pillers......

52 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

This is the one thing I was thinking with tucking the wires up the A pillers......

Having used that wiring route myself, when I took my car in for its recent audio install it was something that the installer commented on - I think he was all ready to moan about another Halfords bodge.  It's basically a bad idea, definitely something to be aware of.

21 minutes ago, spikyone said:

Having used that wiring route myself, when I took my car in for its recent audio install it was something that the installer commented on - I think he was all ready to moan about another Halfords bodge.  It's basically a bad idea, definitely something to be aware of.

What would the recommended routing be do you think?

It is really easy to hide the wiring if using glove box 12v, didn’t need to remove anything. I ran it like this whilst waiting for halfords to hard wire it in. They used the fusebox in drivers footwell. Have parking mode so didn’t want on ignition circuit, and not competent enough to do myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/30/2019 at 9:35 AM, gavin_t said:

What would the recommended routing be do you think?

I guess you’d have to keep to the windscreen side of the A pillar, so that you’re going behind the airbag all the way down. It doesn’t feel like the plastic moves much there so I reckon you’d have to remove it, or at least loosen it. I didn’t actually ask where my audio installer had tucked it but he would’ve had the plastic off anyway to fit the DAB aerial.