AndyB

Touch 2 with Go - Reverse Camera installation (TAS400)

I just picked up my Pro on Thursday and have been attempting to fit a reverse parking camera to the Touch 2 with Go

however it seems to the well known 16 pin reverse camera connector is not present on the Touch 2 with Go

I do however have a free 24 pin and 12 pin connector which are both empty (top left in my attachment)

has anyone had this working or point me in the direction of the relevant pin outs?

from looking at past threads i can see the original Touch & Go used the 28 pin port for video inputs so i may find the 28 pin has the required connections but would like a diagram to verify before i make any connections.

EDIT - the 24 pin connector is used for the reversing camera on the top two left pins

Thanks AndyB

DSC_0563.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

Hello Andy,

your post is very helpful :)

I own a 2017 gt86 from spain and I ask to a car audio dealer in spain and they say that there is imposible to put a reverse camera on the TA400 radio because they need 16-pin... they don't want to work so much ;)

I'm looking for installing one and I see that the Yaris that have reverse camera have also TA400 radio but I don't find on toyota AIM the manual to install the camera.

I also see several cables that seems that make the trick connection the cam on the 24 pin and other one on the 28 pin connector. Do you have any update on your findings?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, mrmamba said:

Hello Andy,

your post is very helpful :)

I own a 2017 gt86 from spain and I ask to a car audio dealer in spain and they say that there is imposible to put a reverse camera on the TA400 radio because they need 16-pin... they don't want to work so much ;)

I'm looking for installing one and I see that the Yaris that have reverse camera have also TA400 radio but I don't find on toyota AIM the manual to install the camera.

I also see several cables that seems that make the trick connection the cam on the 24 pin and other one on the 28 pin connector. Do you have any update on your findings?

Thanks for your help.

Hi mrmamba,

This is all theory from my research so far, I'm waiting on all parts arriving in stock at car-solutions.com to ship from the HK warehouse before i make any orders and get to actually test the theory which should be in the next couple of days.

The Car Audio shop may be unaware the 16 Pin was only on the Touch 1 (TAS300) however the 28 Pin is shared between the TAS300 & TAS400.

The new 24 Pin connector is for a Rear view camera input, this is a hopefully a suitable harness - https://car-solutions.com/en/car-camera-connection-cable-to-toyota-touch-2-monitor-entune.php

There is also a 6V connection provided on the harness  if using a 6V camera, if you use a 12v you can power from the reversing light circuitry or the ACC line behind the Stereo.

To enable the input - Pin 2 of the 28 pin connector *should* go to 12V when Reverse is selected, please check this on yours.

Additionally you may like to know the 28 pin connector can be used to input general Audio and Video using a similar harness - https://car-solutions.com/en/video-cable-for-toyota-touch-2-entune-monitors.php

This was also a feature on the Touch (TAS300) you will have a menu option to choose the AV input once this cable is fitted however you may find the speed wire will need to be disconnected if the vehicle is in motion, personally i would feed this via a hidden switch.

Your final option is a little more sophisticated and expensive and that is to use a Touch 2 Video Input Interface - https://car-solutions.com/en/video-interface-for-toyota-touch-2-with-parking-guidelines.php

This will allow you connect directly with the LCD panel using LVDS levels at 800x480 RGB which is superior however the downside is you can no longer the factory Navigation unit if fitted as this utilises  the LVDS connection.

I hope this helps and as i said its all Theory until the parts turn up and i can plug it in and test my findings.

Thanks

Andy B

Hello Andy!!

Thank you so much for all that super nice information :)

I would like to go to the 24 pin connection that seems that could be the easier for a car audio installer to work with. 

I didn't catch so well the comment regarding the 28 pin connector and 12v. Connecting a camera to that 24 pin is not all the stuff needed to enable the rear camera?

Thank you!

On 09/08/2017 at 9:15 PM, mrmamba said:

Hello Andy!!

Thank you so much for all that super nice information :)

I would like to go to the 24 pin connection that seems that could be the easier for a car audio installer to work with. 

I didn't catch so well the comment regarding the 28 pin connector and 12v. Connecting a camera to that 24 pin is not all the stuff needed to enable the rear camera?

Thank you!

Hi mrmamba,

Yes hopefully the 24 pin connection either in my link above or the ebay link in my first post should be suitable for a rear view camera but i have yet to test so cannot confirm.

Regarding my comment about the 28 pin connector i was hoping to explain that it hopefully has the pin inputs for any video / audio input source into the TAS400 which can be selected from an on screen menu option.

the 28 pin also carries the reverse signal wire from the reverse gear.

thanks

Andy

On 07/09/2017 at 7:45 AM, Tchaaa said:

Hi Andy, 

Any luck on this one? Quite interested to see if it works as I might try this myself!

All the best, 

Jack

Hi Jack,

Personally i never got around the cables as im thinking about swapping out the HU for an Android unit but others have done the install and confirm its working on the Owners club.

I've bought the pumpkin number plate surround with reversing camera & the adaptor with 2 pins connected & will hopefully get around to fitting it on Thursday or Friday so might have an answer if it works or not by the weeken

On 29/07/2017 at 10:03 PM, AndyB said:

I just picked up my Pro on Thursday and have been attempting to fit a reverse parking camera to the Touch 2 with Go

however it seems to the well known 16 pin reverse camera connector is not present on the Touch 2 with Go

I do however have a free 24 pin and 12 pin connector which are both empty (top left in my attachment)

has anyone had this working or point me in the direction of the relevant pin outs?

from looking at past threads i can see the original Touch & Go used the 28 pin port for video inputs so i may find the 28 pin has the required connections but would like a diagram to verify before i make any connections.

EDIT - the 24 pin connector is used for the reversing camera on the top two left pins

Thanks AndyB

DSC_0563.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

Hi Andy.

Hoping you might be able to help me.

Is this the CD less head unit?  I've got a 2017 pro and am about to change the HU for a Sony XAV3005DB.

I'm just wondering how the USB connection from the HU to the dash port (by the start button) is wired up? 

Edit: I’ve found out it’s a poxy special end on the USB cable from the dash port, so I’ll be buying a harness cable to get it to a traditional USB-A to plug into the back of my new HU. 

Edited by BristolLee