Special K

2012 Supercharged Auto for sale

I am looking to sell my road/race going 2012 GT86 as my age and health are conspiring against me . .  sob

Bought new in November 2012 and used daily, this is possibly the most highly modified and successful autotrans GT86 in Europe and has been professionally maintained by Dave and Adrian at Fensport since I first bought it.

Fitted rebuilt forged engine less than 1000 miles ago with HKS supercharger producing 250.5bhp at rear wheels (approx 290bhp at flywheel), SSP Ver 2 upgraded autotrans, torque converter and oil cooler. Fitted Seibon louvred carbon fibre bonnet, bootlid and aerofoil, Tein EDFC suspension, Summit stiffening and control arms, StopTech brakes, TDM forged rims (incl spare). MOT due November.

Host of spares include full set of Rota Grid wheels and std. rims fitted snow tyres (never used), spare SSP rebuilt torque converter and spare SSP autotrans awaiting rebuild. ECUtek mapped, needless to say. Fully gauged incl. transoil temp. There is so much on this car I've forgotten half of it . .

Currently the only F1-S class car in the TSS - explains the class win at Kendrew, haha . . I would like to complete this years TSS but if some go-faster petrolhead would like to donate £16grand to my pension fund I shall retire gracefully . .

(My favourite pic is Eau Rouge . .)

Spec K

20170708_154441_resized.jpg

20170708_154454_resized.jpg

Eau Rouge.JPG

Shame to see your selling after such a journey to get it all sorted, as above is that 16k the price ?  if so a bargain and temped to buy it and swap engine :)

GLWTS

28 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Keith this is worth drastically more than £16k I feel

Difficult to price. It's a five year old car. I too am very sorry that you are selling up, Keith. It almost feels like it has taken this long to get the car properly sorted, such a shame that health matters are getting in the way. :(

Thanks Kevin. And Lauren.

Rob - it is worth considerably more if one takes the cost prices of parts and development into account. The modded transmissions cost more than £3grand a pop, the spare uprated SSP torque converter brought in two months ago cost more than £1500 including duty and VAT. I won't talk about the cost of the new forged engine with HKS supercharger . . take a guess . . 

And the new Milltek exhaust fitted three weeks ago was £800 plus. . but . . . whilst I still love the fun and friendship of the Drivers Club and TSS I have to be realistic. My reaction times are way off what they were only five years ago (and they were bloody awful then compared to 40-odd years ago!) and there is no point in having 50+bhp more than the n/a cars if the driver (me)  is incapable of using it effectively and feels embarrassed at the margin between the likes of Kevin, Lauren, Thomas, Mike . .

Age (70+), health (various issues) and finances. I have finally retired, having done five years overtime, and the odd £3grand a month I was lavishing on my hobby is not sustainable. 

As you all know - I have never lifted a spanner to the car, it has all been maintained and developed by Fensport, so if anyone wants an objective review of the car go ask Adrian. It has a number of unique mods which we have developed together, specifically to enhance the GT86 auto version, and I hope to follow, very keenly, its sprint activities in the hands of someone who can do Fensport and the car justice.

It is unique, a one-off. It appears as though the issues caused by the massive turbo torque spike prior to the torque converter locking at 2800rpm have been overcome by the gentler torque curve from a supercharged setup . . the forged internals were merely insurance for longevity, not power related . . one trackday and one sprint at Kendrew  and I know it is me who's past my sell-by date, not the car.

My head ruled my heart on pricing - I want someone to buy it, work its socks off but more importantly enjoy it.

See you at Anglesey . .

Spec K

Hi special K

Sorry to hear you need to sell your 86 gem. Ive had mine since 2012 and its still a blast. Mine is a stock auto engine with a stage 2.3 Cossie supercharger and full HKS exhaust. I don´t track the car however I do short drift sessions occasionally.  Last dyno was at 262 flywheel HP.

I hear Cosworth will release a shorter pulley soon to up the bhp to close top 300. Ive been told you had severe problems witrh the auto trans arround this value on a turbo. The HKS supercharger has  more linear torque delivery but the Cossie does give most beans starting from low rpm.

I feel my current state is the end of the line for my build although that short pulley with a mild tune to stay below 300 is tempting.  Care to share any wisdom on this?

Best regards,

86er.

On 13/08/2017 at 0:49 AM, 86er said:

Hi special K

Sorry to hear you need to sell your 86 gem. Ive had mine since 2012 and its still a blast. Mine is a stock auto engine with a stage 2.3 Cossie supercharger and full HKS exhaust. I don´t track the car however I do short drift sessions occasionally.  Last dyno was at 262 flywheel HP.

I hear Cosworth will release a shorter pulley soon to up the bhp to close top 300. Ive been told you had severe problems witrh the auto trans arround this value on a turbo. The HKS supercharger has  more linear torque delivery but the Cossie does give most beans starting from low rpm.

I feel my current state is the end of the line for my build although that short pulley with a mild tune to stay below 300 is tempting.  Care to share any wisdom on this?

Best regards,

86er.

Hi 86er

280-300bhp at the flywheel is about the limit for the std autotrans, I reckon. With my turbo setup I was 320 at the rear wheels, probably 360 at the flywheel. It was the massive torque spike which caused the problems, even with the SSP stage 2 trans and uprated torque converter. I've now got 250bhp at the rear wheels, which is where I feel happy. (Well, I would do if I could drive it properly . . it's a beast with TRC off . . )

I have also fitted the SSP transoil cooler and increased the trans sump capacity and baffled it. The oil pickup in the trans is sited towards the rear of the box and I was worried about oil starvation under braking. Meant re-siting the washer bottle in the boot. The transoil cooler has an electric fan (only necessary on track) which vents out of the n/s front wheel arch. Switch on dashboard and temp guage sited in the drivers air vent. Very effective at keeping temp below 100 degrees. The SSP kit is not a cheap option but for longevity I felt it worthwhile.

I would certainly recommend the SSP uprated torque converter and increased sump capacity if you are serious with your drifting. Fensport have all the specs for the sump conversion.

Spec K

Hello Special K,

Thanks fior that helpful reply.  I don´t track the car and I´m not that serious on drift. just the occasional short drft session every once and a while. I did instal the Cusco differential cover with increased cooling and oil capacity.  The trans oil temps always stay below 100ºc even on 30ºc days during short drifts so I guess im ok at current 262hp Flywheel (dyno).

The new Cossie shorter pulley should add an extra 20hp but Cosworth smartly state add at own risk. So its a bit of a gamble on the auto trans but im tempted if I can keep it below 300 fly with the tune. I´ll talk with Matt at Cosworth about it. I enjoy this auto trans a lot but it does limit the build potencial and for this reason alone Í regret going the auto route.

Thanks again and all the best.

86er