cropzy

Cropzys Red TRD

Hey I thought I would start a thread for my TRD. I think I am going to name her Amy. Not too sure yet though.

She is stock at the moment, I currently don't have any plans for her apart from getting the stone chips sorted (I know the paint is a bit thin!) and getting a new set of shoes for her and maybe better brake pads......

Here is my first ever picture of her
86.jpg?width=813&height=491

I spent most of the day detailing/cleaning her after work today, she has now come out like so
20170718_175314.jpg?width=813&height=610
20170718_175330.jpg?width=813&height=610
20170718_175341.jpg?width=813&height=610
20170718_175420.jpg?width=813&height=610
20170718_175938.jpg?width=813&height=610

I also have managed my first scratch....., I reversed a bit too close to a family members car.
20170718_175353.jpg?width=813&height=610
It's pretty deep. I am getting it fixed very very soon though!

Apologies for the rubbish pictures my phone is super old and the camera is really bad, the photos do not do it justice!

I don't think I will mod her at all for the time being I have no need to. Although in the far future I would like to improve as a driver and do track days. I really look forward to meeting you guys at events and being part of the stand mostly though!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like it.

So it rained today and I finally got to see how good my first detail is at beading and how good this harly wax actually is. I am very impressed. I am still a newbie to all these things but I would say that its a fairly good job!
20170720_111240.jpg?width=813&height=108

20170720_111300.jpg?width=813&height=108

20170720_111252.jpg?width=813&height=108

Hello and welcome.

If you are after some parts, maintenance or not, I'll be happy to help you out and offer you a club discount.

HKS premium oil, oil filter, air filter, PFC brake pads and more.

Very nice, how much did the work cost if that's not too personal. Just when I cleaned my car yesterday I found so many white chips :angry: it has got to be the thinnest amount of paint I have ever seen. I never had this on my Suzuki Swift Sport. Not sure if it's worth me getting a professional just to do very little white stone chips or just use the chipex. 

3 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Very nice, how much did the work cost if that's not too personal. Just when I cleaned my car yesterday I found so many white chips :angry: it has got to be the thinnest amount of paint I have ever seen. I never had this on my Suzuki Swift Sport. Not sure if it's worth me getting a professional just to do very little white stone chips or just use the chipex. 

I paid £170. But I know the guy very very well. He's a professional bike sprayer and paint repairer and has been doing it for 30+ years so he did me it mega cheap. He blended it really well and you cannot tell the difference. I suspect a proper price would be in the range of £400ish.

That level of repair should be around £200. I have something similar on my bumper and have had a few quotes around that figure. Put it this way I had a full bonnet respray on my Golf for £150 (Gloss non metallic black)

3 hours ago, Varelco said:

That level of repair should be around £200. I have something similar on my bumper and have had a few quotes around that figure. Put it this way I had a full bonnet respray on my Golf for £150 (Gloss non metallic black)

I have no idea about the price of panels and such. I know I got it cheap though!

14 hours ago, Leeky said:

Looks good :) Love the TRD 18's. Have you ever driven an 86 on stock 16/17's?

Just curious how the ride/handling on those 18's compares.

The ride seems to be more stiff from memory of a stock one.

I can't really say much though as it was months and months ago!

I have read from other people that it isn't that much different though.

Thanks as well. I like the alloys but most people don't. Kinda like Marmite I guess:P

On 14/08/2017 at 9:36 PM, Leeky said:

Looks good :) Love the TRD 18's. Have you ever driven an 86 on stock 16/17's?

Just curious how the ride/handling on those 18's compares.

I've driven a couple of TRD's a few times and also the Aero which has the same wheel size and tyre setup. It's got more grip than the Primacy. The suspension is the same, so the handling is the same, just more grip really. The ride isn't really any different.