I spent half hour in the car park with the air con on at lunch, outside temp was 33oc and the Aircon was set to 18 and it was ice cold. Can't fault the AC system in these cars.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Angelina said:

Just phoned my local dealership as mine isn’t running cold enough . They quoted £170, l didn’t realise how old this thread was so said rgg do it for £100. They have offered to price match 😁. This will be the second time in less than 3 years. They had checked for leaks last time and found none. ☹️

They only check the pipework normally. Ifthe leak is integral to the compressor, they won't find it very easy.

If you run your air con at least once a month for 30mins, you should be fine. Otherwise the oring seals dry up in the compressor and leak. The gas works as a lubricant.

I keep it on all the time. It wasn’t working properly when l got her, it was checked for leaks, none found and regassed. It has been on since then, about 2 years. It will be interesting to see what they say this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, gavin_t said:

Spent all day in the car yesterday as was wondering how cold it should be. Even with mine set to "low" it doesn't seem that cold, or is it just because it is so hot out side and the system isn't that great in our cars.

Sounds like the age old problem of not running your AC all the time. It's plenty good enough to cope with these temperatures. I've done Euro trips where the temp has been 37C and it coped just fine. I hired a GT86 in Japan five years ago and at one point the temperature got to an indicated 50C on the expressway in traffic and whilst it was working hard, it kept us cool. Sounds like it may need a recharge. Best to never turn it off all year round. That's what I've done with my car and it has always worked well. It's been like an oasis the last few days. 

6 hours ago, Lauren said:

Sounds like the age old problem of not running your AC all the time. It's plenty good enough to cope with these temperatures. I've done Euro trips where the temp has been 37C and it coped just fine. I hired a GT86 in Japan five years ago and at one point the temperature got to an indicated 50C on the expressway in traffic and whilst it was working hard, it kept us cool. Sounds like it may need a recharge. Best to never turn it off all year round. That's what I've done with my car and it has always worked well. It's been like an oasis the last few days. 

I usually have it on most of the time however it is not uncommon for mine to sit tucked away not used for many weeks at a time so maybe this hasn't helped.

I will put up with it until it goes in for its recall and they can regas it for me then :D

1 hour ago, Angelina said:

Just got car back, sadly there is no improvement after checks and regassing. They checked the compressor too. Will need to go back 😢.

Wonder what's wrong with it? Still at least it's under warranty. 

Before going back to dealership checked the temperature it was blowing. It took a while but the air in the vents goes to about 7 which is within the 5-10 range. It just doesn’t feel that cold in the cabin unless the fans are on full. Maybe its just the current temperatures. Not going back to dealership as it works with the range, and the pipes in the engine bay are cold, pump clicks in and out, cant see what it else they would do. 

8 hours ago, Angelina said:

Before going back to dealership checked the temperature it was blowing. It took a while but the air in the vents goes to about 7 which is within the 5-10 range. It just doesn’t feel that cold in the cabin unless the fans are on full. Maybe its just the current temperatures. Not going back to dealership as it works with the range, and the pipes in the engine bay are cold, pump clicks in and out, cant see what it else they would do. 

If I am remembering rightly yours is a primo? Be interesting to know if there are any difference in performance between the aircon setup in yours and the climate control in the regular ones.

Am i right in assuming yours is dual climate control? I only have vents on the dash and in footwell. Found its ok if i only have the drivers side vents open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, gavin_t said:

If I am remembering rightly yours is a primo? Be interesting to know if there are any difference in performance between the aircon setup in yours and the climate control in the regular ones.

There isn't. I had a GT limited in Japan with a high temp of 50C on the Shuto Expressway. It was fine. It's just manual control that's the only difference really. It certainly worked well enough, but knob twiddling was required. 

I am thinking that my expectations are too high. It was fine last summer, but much cooler weather . Its ok at the moment. Not looking forward to any 30+ days with passengers. Don’t want to have the fans on full blast, too noisy, but hey ho.

20 minutes ago, Angelina said:

I am thinking that my expectations are too high. It was fine last summer, but much cooler weather . Its ok at the moment. Not looking forward to any 30+ days with passengers. Don’t want to have the fans on full blast, too noisy, but hey ho.

Have you tried putting it on recirc to cool the car down? That is what it should be on. Then move it to fresh air after five minutes or so. The climate control does this automatically. Even at 50C outside on a sun drenched expressway I had it on number 3 fan speed. It kept us cool, but my window was so hot I couldn't touch it!