Sign in to follow this  
cropzy

Best detailing products from peoples experience?

Hello lovely people!

I am looking to get into car detailing and the likes due to having a decent car now. However I have no idea about products. I have done a bit of research and made a purchase of harly wax (a lot of IRL people I know swear by it). 

I know that paint differs on cars and shades and such. Which products from your experience are the best to get. I'm talking everything and anything from wax to shampoo to tyre sheen.

Please help a nonse out!

It's very personal, but for what it's worth hear a list of my own favourites.

IMG_2320.PNG.1c69e84c2d59d0c7de1ae74f0b23f340.PNG

It's a little out of date as I've found a better drying towel - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-silk-dryers-cat5.html and I've replaced my decent MFs with these - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-polishwipe.html

tbh dying towel wise, I have a meguiars one, then got some of the Amazon basics waffles, perform the same for MUCH less - highly recommended.

I use a mix -

poorboys (wax, polish, sealant, glaze, wheel sealant)

meguiars (shampoo, metal polish, tyre gel, wool wash mitt)

autoglym (pretty much everything else)

bilt hamber (clay)

9 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

It's a little out of date as I've found a better drying towel - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-silk-dryers-cat5.html and I've replaced my decent MFs with these - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-polishwipe.html

I love that you have a list ready to go for moments like this 😂 

On 7/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, Stutopia said:

Jesus Christ that is a big list. I don't think I will be getting into it that much. I did some research and that list has a pricey total! I already have wax so I am just thinking about shampoo, glass cleaner and wheel cleaner and sealant for now.

On 7/13/2017 at 1:11 PM, Kaisersalsek said:

tbh dying towel wise, I have a meguiars one, then got some of the Amazon basics waffles, perform the same for MUCH less - highly recommended.

I use a mix -

poorboys (wax, polish, sealant, glaze, wheel sealant)

meguiars (shampoo, metal polish, tyre gel, wool wash mitt)

autoglym (pretty much everything else)

bilt hamber (clay)

I looked at meguiars towels and cleaning stuff today. It seems quite good but I have yet to do more research. Thanks for your input!

2 hours ago, Varelco said:

90% of that you don't need mate. 

What are you looking to do? Polish? Hand or machine? What have you got apart from the  was?

I have wax, microfiber towels, chamois and buckets and that is it. I am looking at like a poorboys kit or a meguiars kit. I mainly just want shampoo, something to protect it and something for the glass, tyres and wheels. I will be hand polish it for now.

If you're polishing by hand, you'll struggle correct the paint, just get a glaze which will fill the imperfections, you'll save lots of elbow grease and achieve good looking results. Poorboys Black Hole is a good glaze. Stoner's Invisible Glass is simply superb on glass. Megs Endurance tyre gel is good, just use it sparingly to avoid sling. If you want a shampoo that not only cleans, but leaves behind protection, you can't beat Bathe+, just read what polished bliss have to say, they're very well respected. Protection can be achieved quickly and easily with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, which, despite its name, is more of a sealant but easier to use. 

Might be worth a read before you break out the chamois.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2012/03/16/why-chamois-are-a-sham/

What colour is your car cropzy? Also for hand polishing Autoglym super resin polish is a classic and hard to beat but it does act as more of a glaze than a polish.

Start with the basics, my advice

Pressure washer

2 25 litre buckets with grit guards

Bilt hamber auto wash shampoo

Microfibre madness incredipad

Chemical guys woolly mammoth

Autoglym fast glass

Autoglym tire shine

Soft99 Fusso sealant

Some cheap foam applicators for tire shine and sealant

A couple of good Microfibre from Microfibre madness for buffing the fusso and applying fast glass

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Adam9 said:

What colour is your car cropzy? Also for hand polishing Autoglym super resin polish is a classic and hard to beat but it does act as more of a glaze than a polish.

Is red my good friend. It says on my profile.

8 minutes ago, sam534 said:

Start with the basics, my advice

Pressure washer

Autoglym fast glass

Autoglym tire shine

Soft99 Fusso sealant

A couple of good Microfibre from Microfibre madness for buffing the fusso and applying fast glass

Yeah I got all of that and I got some shampoo and glass cleaner and other stuff on the way so hopefully it should be good. I plan to try a lot of brands anyways!

2 hours ago, Adam9 said: What colour is your car cropzy? Also for hand polishing Autoglym super resin polish is a classic and hard to beat but it does act as more of a glaze than a polish.

Is red my good friend. It says on my profile.

8 minutes ago, sam534 said: Start with the basics, my advice

Pressure washer

Autoglym fast glass

Autoglym tire shine

Soft99 Fusso sealant

Yeah I got all of that and I got some shampoo and glass cleaner and other stuff on the way so hopefully it should be good. I plan to try a lot of brands anyways!

Bang on! Got plans for any paint correction?

20 minutes ago, sam534 said:

Bang on! Got plans for any paint correction?

Eventually yeah! I have the dreaded stone chips! I am thinking trying chipex when I get a bit more cash and sinking some decent time and money into products to preserve the paint as well.

Yeah I was thinking of a full front bumper respray and a clear bra... When funds allow.

Bought a das6 pro from a member and getting some good results! You at waxwork? I'm thinking of entering arrive and shine