Keethos

TSS Round 4 Anglesey Sun 20th August

So, this ones guna be a biggy along with Cadwell and Snet so thought I'd get this up to see where people will be staying?  Wanna get booked in early me thinks.

You're already very late, Keith. Angers hotels book up faster than anywhere else as it's a popular holiday destination. We're staying all over the place. 

Well I've booked in at the Valley Anglesey (think I've taken the last room that Booking was offering, there could be rooms left via other companies) for £112 for 2 nights including breakfast.  The Bull Hotel over in Llangefni (LL77 7LR) still have a couple of rooms left I think @£110 excluding breakfast.

Yes of course, it's amateur stuff so you can wonder around in the pits and even stand on the pit wall to watch as well as wonder around the outskirts of some tracks.  Pop by, see what goes on and get the urge to get involved at some point :P 

All public areas are open to spectators so no issue walking around the paddock/perimeter at Anglesey.

Last year I booked my hotel the week before, then booked a few extra nights on the fly while I was there to admire the roads. Might not risk it this time as one of the hotels was a bit ScoobyDoo.

I might be going. If I did would I need track insurance?

I read the site and the bouts are short and sweet, I am worried they would completely drain my tyres and brakes....would this be the case?

Or would it be safe enough for me to drive there, sprint and then drive home without worrying?

15 minutes ago, cropzy said:

I read the site and the bouts are short and sweet, I am worried they would completely drain my tyres and brakes....would this be the case?

Or would it be safe enough for me to drive there, sprint and then drive home without worrying?

You won't be able to have insurance as it's a competitive event.

You should be fine to drive there, sprint and then home - that's what most people do. 

15 minutes ago, cropzy said:

You don't need track insurance - it'd be pretty expensive anyway (more than normal track day insurance) as it'll be classed as a competitive event.

Sprints don't wear tyres / brakes much at all - you should easily get 10 sprint days from a set of brakes.

On 03/08/2017 at 0:44 PM, cropzy said:

Competition insurance is not cheap as Mike says. You'll be looking at £200 or so. I don't know anyone that gets insurance for a sprint. It's you driving on your own on track with the with the track to yourself. No need to crash! Anglesey is pretty wide with plenty of run off in most places. There's only one corner you need to watch really. I've done a whole season of sprinting and road driving on a set of brakes and tyres. There is little wear compared to a track day. I always drive to the sprint, drive home then go to work in my car the next day. Not a problem at all. 

I'd say, come along, have a go, drive within your ability and see how you get on. :)

I might do, then again I need a new set of shoes for my 86 I am worried that I might bin it lol.

There is only 3 days left for the window as well :/

23 hours ago, cropzy said:

I might do, then again I need a new set of shoes for my 86 I am worried that I might bin it lol.

There is only 3 days left for the window as well :/

You won't do much in regard to tyre wear a the sprint. I would say more than 3mm is a mininum though. Get your booking in then buy some tyres is the other option. Please be mindful of ensuring you get MSA List 1A tyres though, so PS4's will not be okay. V105's are your best option for sprinting. 

I have like 2mm left so it's going to have to be a mis for this one.

I would rather have new tyres first. By then I will know the car better as well. 

Plus Cadwell is closer as well ;)