Loutou

Valenti rear bumper light

Hi everyone, I'm looking for someone who can modify and rewire my valenti light. Any suggestions on where to go to get this mod done? I am in the midlands but will travel to get it done right :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.. at the moment its functioning the same as the original. I want it to flash as a 4th brake light and also a rear light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a decent guide on one of the Australian forums that shows how to wire up the different combinations, I'll try and find it out after work.

Worth noting that the flashing 4th brake light function is an MOT failure though as it interferes with the fog light

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

A flashing rear brake light is a mot failure, having a third brake light isn't as long as when you put your rear fog light switch on the third brake light stops on and doesn't flash. I know this due to having my MR2 rear lights wired up so all four light up when braking but the inner two stopped on when the fog light switch was on. Hope this helps

I got my guide from the Australian forum so I'm guessing @HariboPenguin saw the same one as me.

http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/topic/1892-diy-modifying-the-valenti-to-for-parking-v-and-brake-flasher-f1-race-style/

Some good info there. I followed Hawk's guide which is linked to in option 2 but there are other possibilities. Shortcut to Hawk's guide (which is the setup most people have I believe) - http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/topic/1634-valenti-reversing-light-v-as-position-light-mod/

Beware that Hawk's guide will probably have slightly different wiring inside the light compared to what you have. If that's the case, scroll down the thread and you'll see people posting up the solution with the newer light's wiring. It's pretty easy to translate to the newer unit anyway tbh.

On 7/3/2017 at 0:56 PM, Ztox said:

I got my guide from the Australian forum so I'm guessing @HariboPenguin saw the same one as me.

http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/topic/1892-diy-modifying-the-valenti-to-for-parking-v-and-brake-flasher-f1-race-style/

Some good info there. I followed Hawk's guide which is linked to in option 2 but there are other possibilities. Shortcut to Hawk's guide (which is the setup most people have I believe) - http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/topic/1634-valenti-reversing-light-v-as-position-light-mod/

Beware that Hawk's guide will probably have slightly different wiring inside the light compared to what you have. If that's the case, scroll down the thread and you'll see people posting up the solution with the newer light's wiring. It's pretty easy to translate to the newer unit anyway tbh.

Yep, beat me to it. :P

My light was one of the newer ones so followed the image at the bottom of the page as @Ztox mentioned.

Also if you're going to be fitting it yourself this video is pretty good at showing what to do. Took me around an hour, most of which was spent fiddling with the pain in the ass lower clip. Other than that it was fairly easy.

Were you guys able to hook it up like the 2nd version? So the "V" bar lights up with tail lights and the bright triangle remains as a rear fog?

The hawks guide has fell foul to the hosting issue from photobucket 

32 minutes ago, DavidSpratt said:

Were you guys able to hook it up like the 2nd version? So the "V" bar lights up with tail lights and the bright triangle remains as a rear fog?

The hawks guide has fell foul to the hosting issue from photobucket 

I've done this as have a few others it does involve taking the back of light off and altering wiring and splicing spare wire on lamp into rear side lights

I’m in the midlands, Leicester I did this mod to mine and am used to soldering. If you know exactly which wire you want attaching where you just have to cut a hole in the plastic tube pull the red wire I think out and can simply Quick crimp it with pliers with crimps you can buy off eBay  to the neccesary wire. Then cocoon the crimp in electrical tape. And other stuff mentioned depending on your model of light.  Also I can help you do it One afternoon if you bring a Tesco meal deal and the right guide so I don’t misremember anything or if it’s a slightly different process to mine was 

You don't remember which wires to cut/ splice by any chance? (Or anyone?)

Figured I'd have to open the back and do some fiddling which I don't mind, just some clarity would help as I've no clue with wiring

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, DavidSpratt said:

You don't remember which wires to cut/ splice by any chance? (Or anyone?)

Figured I'd have to open the back and do some fiddling which I don't mind, just some clarity would help as I've no clue with wiring

I remember it being the red from the lower light to the blue on the left tail right if I remember correctly. Cant remember the rest tho I mostly remember routing the lower light cable with the aero bodykit and the car not on a lift was no fun. 

I’m in the midlands, Leicester I did this mod to mine and am used to soldering. If you know exactly which wire you want attaching where you just have to cut a hole in the plastic tube pull the red wire I think out and can simply Quick crimp it with pliers with crimps you can buy off eBay  to the neccesary wire. Then cocoon the crimp in electrical tape. Also I can help you do it One afternoon if you bring a Tesco meal deal and the right guide so I don’t misremember anything 

Thanks for the reply! Don't mind doing soldering etc either. It's more so which wire goes where I'm stuck with and with the guides losing their images It makes it that bit harder.

Would meet you but being from Northern Ireland the sea gets in the way of that!

Just now, DavidSpratt said:

Thanks for the reply! Don't mind doing soldering etc either. It's more so which wire goes where I'm stuck with and with the guides losing their images It makes it that bit harder.

Would meet you but being from Northern Ireland the sea gets in the way of that!

Yeah I followed a guide so what you really need is a guide hopefully someone has one 😂😂

same as Jevvy I would help if local but don't really want to remove my lamp to check wiring plus how close is your exhaust to the lamp?

It's the cobra exhaust so the smaller box should mean there's more room- I'd imagine it's not that close..

"I order my valenti rear lights 3 days ago. If they come i will fit them and let you know here or i will try to make some type of how to"

Cool thanks! Everyone in the states has the brake light function which I don't really care for

16 minutes ago, DavidSpratt said:

It's the cobra exhaust so the smaller box should mean there's more room- I'd imagine it's not that close..

"I order my valenti rear lights 3 days ago. If they come i will fit them and let you know here or i will try to make some type of how to"

Cool thanks! Everyone in the states has the brake light function which I don't really care for

The USA info is of no use I will try and find the one on YouTube I used when I get home it was a Australian one

28 minutes ago, DavidSpratt said:

Thanks! I'll have a hunt here myself now for an Aus one

all i can remember was he had the light on a table and you to cut two wires from the pcb and connect to another and splice the remaining wire into side lights and fit plug into the normal loom

28 minutes ago, DavidSpratt said: Thanks! I'll have a hunt here myself now for an Aus one

all i can remember was he had the light on a table and you to cut two wires from the pcb and connect to another and splice the remaining wire into side lights and fit plug into the normal loom

Yea, think I have it! I'll probably give this is a go and will try document it so anyone down the line can do it, providing it works.

Thanks everyone for the help

1 minute ago, DavidSpratt said:

Yea, think I have it! I'll probably give this is a go and will try document it so anyone down the line can do it, providing it works.

Thanks everyone for the help

mine work fine and looks great from the back in conjunction with the full set