Gary p

alloy wheel size and max width

Iam currently running rota grid drifts all round 245/45/18 on 9.5j width although they look good I feel as the fronts are sticking out the arches very slightly. Just wanted to see what others were running and max width you would recommend 

cheers👍

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

3 minutes ago, Gary p said:

Iam currently running rota grid drifts all round 245/45/18 on 9.5j width although they look good I feel as the fronts are sticking out the arches very slightly. Just wanted to see what others were running and max width you would recommend 

cheers👍

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

Are you lowered? Adding a bit more front camber will bring them in.

25 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Are you lowered? Adding a bit more front camber will bring them in.

Running stock at moment would like to lower in future maybe tucking in the camber would help! May have to look at a good set of coilovers.

8 minutes ago, Gary p said:

Running stock at moment would like to lower in future maybe tucking in the camber would help! May have to look at a good set of coilovers.

Some camber will definitely help. You could always get some camber bolts and fit them with the stock struts to start with.

You can get some camber bolts for around £15. Would solve you issues. However, you'd need to get it aligned once you fit them to set them up correctly.

27 minutes ago, don said:

You can get some camber bolts for around £15. Would solve you issues. However, you'd need to get it aligned once you fit them to set them up correctly.

Nice one didn't realise you could get these! Take it somewhere like Fensport will sell these. If these tuck them in enough may get away with just lowering springs rather than coilovers. 

Thanks for the advice👌

Lowering springs and some camber boilts would be fine unless you want to spend a lot on coilovers. that's what I have on mine.

You aren't miles away from RRG Macclesfield who know their stuff on the geometry and have seen quite a few setups now.

4 minutes ago, Gary p said:

Nice one didn't realise you could get these! Take it somewhere like Fensport will sell these. If these tuck them in enough may get away with just lowering springs rather than coilovers. 

Thanks for the advice👌

I just had a look at Fensport and i couldn't find them. But had a look on eBay and there are plenty on there. They are a couple of £ dearer than what i remember though.

Any you guys going donington on Saturday be nice to have a look at your set ups

Loads of us will be there - your welcome to have a look at my set up. I've also got a set of camber bolts I could bring if you'd like them - say £10?

I'm at donnington and have coilovers with 235 tyres but not sure if I'm gonna have time to properly set them up, If i manage to crack on with it tonight your more than welcome to have a nosey :) 

Those of you running 9.5's and lowered on coilovers: what ET should people be considering? 30/32/25/38 seems to be the primary options?

3 hours ago, Deacon said:

Loads of us will be there - your welcome to have a look at my set up. I've also got a set of camber bolts I could bring if you'd like them - say £10?

Yeah will definitely interested 👌 Ial try and find you although haven't got a clue who Iam looking for 😂😂😂😂😂 only second show I've been to with the club. I was the nob that looked like I abandoned my motor at silverstone, came back and every one had moved 😂😂

6 minutes ago, Gary p said:

Yeah will definitely interested 👌 Ial try and find you although haven't got a clue who Iam looking for 😂😂😂😂😂 only second show I've been to with the club. I was the nob that looked like I abandoned my motor at silverstone, came back and every one had moved 😂😂

This is me:-

IMG_20170528_191856_Hagrid_Black.jpg

5 hours ago, Gary p said:

I'll be there. Running 18 x 9.5 with 235/40 tyres, lowered with camber.