Sign in to follow this  
celicaboy

Euro Car Parts - Petronas Oil (too good to be true)

"Euro Car Parts"    0W-20 Petronas Syntium 7000  (5 LITRE).   Offer Possibly to good to be true  !

Having purchased items from 'Euro Car Parts' online I regularly receive emails with offers that I often delete without seeing what promotions they are sending me.
However, today I let curiosity take over and decided to see if there were any offers on 0W-20 oil having previously purchased Petronas oil from them.
I did a search for solely 'Petronas oil' on their website and right at the bottom without a product picture there it was  "PETRONAS 0W-20"  (FIVE LITRE) at a price I thought was surely a mistake!

The "part number" is that shown below and YES the price shown was genuinely £7.69.   Better still there was a further promotion of 30% off price shown obtained by inputting the code  "SALE30" at the online payment checkout which further reduced the price to a mere £5.38.   I thought this seems TO GOOD TO BE TRUE but placed my order and to my surprise it went through, so naturally I thought I might as well buy a spare or two      ,,,OR THREE etc  !

So rather than keep this find all to myself  I pass it on to other Forum members who may or may not be interested and/or be just as lucky  !!!

Regards   celicaboy,   now of the BRZ bloodline

The oil specification is    SAE 0W-20, API SN, ILSAC GF-5 

521773332   (Online Product Code)
Petronas Syntium 7000 0W-20 - 5ltr

£7.69
Subtotal
£7.69
Coupon Benefit: (30% Off Online - Ends Soon..)
-£2.31
Delivery Charge 
(Economy)
£0.00
Grand Total
£5.38

Carparts4less is cheaper .. and extra 30% off ... 10 litres for under £10 delivered!

Or until they spot their mistake ... should be £37 for 5 litres!!!

Hi SimonB95, yeah that is the one and it is suitable for our TOYOBARU's,  I put the oil specification in the initial post to assist the "oil-heads" out there such as myself who like to know both the rating  "0W-20" and spec.

It seems like  gazza82 has found a great deal on the oil at Carparts4less too,  it therefore appears to be a genuine offer by the companies concerned to clear just "0W-20" stock which just so happens to be our boxer's favoured tipple.   

The Euro Car Parts offer is still being shown today at that same amazing price  !    

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

Just ordered 10 Lt, thank you very much!! :D 

Well I did but just received this email from them - 

Dear Jake Cox
Many thanks for your order Ref No. 121-00000065377

- Good Afternoon, Unfortunately the part you ordered are a non-stock item and we are currently checking price and availability with our special order's team. We shall update you accordingly within 24 to 48 hours. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at 02037887842 or email us at custservice@eurocarparts.com Our offices are open from 9am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am- 5pm Saturday Regards Customer Service Team

Turns out it could possibly be too good to be true? :(

8 hours ago, Minion said:

Well I did but just received this email from them - 

Dear Jake Cox
Many thanks for your order Ref No. 121-00000065377

- Good Afternoon, Unfortunately the part you ordered are a non-stock item and we are currently checking price and availability with our special order's team. We shall update you accordingly within 24 to 48 hours. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at 02037887842 or email us at custservice@eurocarparts.com Our offices are open from 9am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am- 5pm Saturday Regards Customer Service Team

Turns out it could possibly be too good to be true? :(

8 hours ago, rob275 said:

None of the orders will be honored, it's an error.

I got another email after that;

Dear Simon Butchart
Many thanks for your order Ref No. 111-00000899452

- Good Afternoon, I am pleased to say that we have received an update from our supplier and we can get the part for you on 4 to 6 working days lead time. We have now processed your order and once we receive the item it will take a further 2-3 working days for the part to be with you.

Looks like they might honour it :lol:

Hi' all,

I too received that first e-mail and like rob275 suspected that it may have been a mistake and they would back out of it and my order would not be honoured. However, I too then received a further email that basically stated my order would be sent but within a slightly longer timeframe of 12 -15 days.

I received a further promotion from Euro Car Parts yesterday evening which still included my self termed  "Too Good To Be True"  offer.

SO, all those who have not yet placed orders its definitely worth considering before no doubt someone out there cleans up all the stock     ,,,ummm'  I guess my mouth is too big to be a shrewd buisnessman hence my initial post on this subject blabbing so that others could capitalise too :D  !

Happy to see other members have also taken advantage of the offer  !!!

.celicaboy  ,,,now of the BRZ bloodline !

Hi all (zhuonanli),  The quality is top spec  (SN, GF-5) and is their premium '7000' range product and is manufactured by Petronas and not a third party.  They are a motor oil producer who have their R&D aided by their involvement in the premier of motor sports (Formula One) and Lewis Hamilton in his Petronas sponsored Mercedes team make no complaint   ,,,THEN AGAIN, Lewis :ph34r: runs a 1.6 whilst our TOYOBARU's are 2.0 cc  :lol:.

Halfords now stock Petronas Oils BUT i woulnt buy it at their price !

.celicaboy

1 hour ago, celicaboy said:

Hi all (zhuonanli),  The quality is top spec  (SN, GF-5) and is their premium '7000' range product and is manufactured by Petronas and not a third party.  They are a motor oil producer who have their R&D aided by their involvement in the premier of motor sports (Formula One) and Lewis Hamilton in his Petronas sponsored Mercedes team make no complaint   ,,,THEN AGAIN, Lewis :ph34r: runs a 1.6 whilst our TOYOBARU's are 2.0 cc  :lol:.

Halfords now stock Petronas Oils BUT i woulnt buy it at their price !

.celicaboy

Thanks a lot mate, sounds great, considering order some more haha. but 20ltrs are enough for 4 years....

.....to bring the price down even more MAYBE the Forum Members could just buy the Petronas 0W-20 refinery and simply do en-mass oil changes on our 'boxer's' wherever the refinery is based  !:unsure: