JRot

JRot Build

51 minutes ago, CherryBomb said:

No, it's not the cheapest, but it seems to be about £100-£150 more than some other good ones, and that doesn't seem extortionate. The really cheap ones are cheap for a reason, I think. The main thing is I really liked the sound. I want a deep, rumbly sound, not a poppy/bangy sound or one that sounds like a Kawasaki dirt bike.

And no man, don't clean your car on my account!

One thing I'd state you'd absolutely have to do with the quicksilver is delete the sound pipe otherwise its too loud lol I mean it's quite loud as is and I've sound deadened some of my car. But with that pipe it's too much. 

At least you're sounding more normal than most I see these days.. Who all want poppy, fire spitting and gun shot sounding cars. 

If I recall it was £1100 or something all in to buy and fit by Amber performance. But going on memory there, I wasn't paying attention the 2nd time round lol. 

See? This is why I need to hear one in real life, because I didn't think it sounded THAT loud in the videos.

I can appreciate the poppy stuff as an occasional observer/listener, and I see why some people want that. It mostly seems to be young guys, who like to make their presence known, and that's fine. Reece is a great example of that. His car is (was) crazily loud and poppy, and even spit fire! lol. It suited him and he loved it. But I'm an old chick and I want something more mellow :)

12 minutes ago, CherryBomb said:

See? This is why I need to hear one in real life, because I didn't think it sounded THAT loud in the videos.

I can appreciate the poppy stuff as an occasional observer/listener, and I see why some people want that. It mostly seems to be young guys, who like to make their presence known, and that's fine. Reece is a great example of that. His car is (was) crazily loud and poppy, and even spit fire! lol. It suited him and he loved it. But I'm an old chick and I want something more mellow :)

Yeah gone are the days of me being interested in noisy things.

I get some people love the noise and dare i say attention. But I'm starting to prefer peace and quiet :P 

I'll be honest; over after 5 years of ownership, I am debating throwing in the towel and selling up next year; in order to buy something newer.

Though I love the 86; I kinda want something different now, I think I'm somewhat growing out of the 'race car' phase.

But I'm in no rush to sell; I have to save up regardless as all the cars I like are a bit expensive. Though nothing like that Supra... no matter how much BMYota gode me I won't buy one.

Sometimes it's better to select an exhaust based on your modification goals. My car is fully decatted with 3 resonators. It's actually quieter when cruising compared to when I had the oem front pipe with cat and muffler. But when I give it the beans, its loud as hell. Best of both worlds. But generally when cruising I don't notice it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

For me I swapped out my manifold first and found the car a little louder but not much at all. I then changed to a catback and the car became louder but also droney. After this I swapped my front pipe to a decatted one with two resonators and it's even louder now but no drone so at around 3kish rpm it's not loud at all I found.

If it helps my set up is tomei equal length manifold (decat), hks front pipe (decat and double resonator) and cobra resonated catback. I also had the car remapped at fensport. Hope this helps.

12 hours ago, matrixprotein said:

For me I swapped out my manifold first and found the car a little louder but not much at all. I then changed to a catback and the car became louder but also droney. After this I swapped my front pipe to a decatted one with two resonators and it's even louder now but no drone so at around 3kish rpm it's not loud at all I found.

If it helps my set up is tomei equal length manifold (decat), hks front pipe (decat and double resonator) and cobra resonated catback. I also had the car remapped at fensport. Hope this helps.

You done some good work there, Nick!